CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Correct use ID Protections programs.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1602 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Correct use ID Protections programs. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/5/2004 9:14:09 PM   
Conrad

Hi there

I've read the "Before You Post" sticky at the start and it was very helpful. I am fairly new at all of this and would just like some simple advice if I'm performing some functions incorrectly.
I have purchased Max Payne 2 (in Oz) and I have ClonyXXL (2.0.0.6 & 2.0.1.5) and downloaded ProtectionID and ARay Scanner today.
Using my Liteon 48x24x48 writer I scanned all 3 CD's with ProtectionID and ARay.

ProtectionID found "unknown protection" (after reading the post above I found out it needs the game to be installed) and ARay 2.0.0.0 found SecureRom on the 3rd (Play) CD only, but it doesn't give me what version of SecureRom it's using. If the screen shot here is any guide http://www.aray-software.com/ then it should give me a version?
I haven't installed the game yet. And in the past I've always made backups to use leaving the originals in pristine condition.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/5/2004 10:41:56 PM   
vbguru_12000

Strange, I've never had it where it wouldn't give me a version number. Eitherway, it is protected with SecuROM 4.85.07.0022 or SecuROM 4.85.04.0018, depending on the version of Max Payne 2 you have. To back this up, you will need to use either Alcohol or Blindwrite. CloneCD will also work, but you will need to patch the image file using the Twinpeaks method. This however is not completely reliable and kinda difficult. I suggest Alcohol.

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to Conrad)
Post #: 2
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/5/2004 10:52:06 PM   
Conrad

Thanks for the reply.

Any idea to why it doesn't show what version of SecuROM it is? I've used the TwinPeak method to backup VietCong using a BWA file and then CloneCD. Can I use the same method for Max Payne?
I've never used BlindWrite or Alcohol, should I be? Do all these programs co-exist happily. I have the last version of Nero 5.5 and CloneCD installed.

Cheers

(in reply to vbguru_12000)
Post #: 3
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/5/2004 11:01:15 PM   
vbguru_12000

CloneCD is outdated, that's why most people have switched over to Alcohol or Blindwrite. But if you've used the Twinpeaks method successfully, you shouldn't have a problem using it for Max Payne. As long as CloneCD is still working for you, there is no reason to switch.

I'm no longer afiliated with this forum. If you need professional help find me at http://digital-burn.net

(in reply to Conrad)
Post #: 4
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/6/2004 3:45:48 AM   
Conrad

Thanks again

Which program is more user friendly and easiest to configure, Alcohol or BlindWrite. CloneCd is a breeze to use.

Cheers

Post #: 5
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/6/2004 4:26:57 PM   
emperor

Both software includes Wizards, maybe Alcohol is more friendlier...

(in reply to Conrad)
Post #: 6
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/6/2004 10:35:41 PM   
vbguru_12000

I would say that Alcohol is the most user friendly.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 7
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/7/2004 5:45:34 AM   
Conrad

Many thanks again for your help and advice. I'll download a 30 day trial version of Alcohol and give it a try.

A further question though: I'm using Nero 5.5 (last version before 6) and CloneCD as well. Will Alcohol co-exist happily with these other programs?

Cheers

Post #: 8
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/7/2004 6:59:44 AM   
emperor

Yes Alcohol shouldn't cause any problems to other installed software

(in reply to Conrad)
Post #: 9
RE: Correct use ID Protections programs. - 6/7/2004 9:16:10 AM   
vbguru_12000

The only software that I've heard of causing problems is EZ-CD Creator, which you should avoid at all costs.

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Correct use ID Protections programs. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI