CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1499 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 9/7/2001 2:56:20 PM   
mutant

but the liteon dvd drive has no RPC-1 patch firmware though only 5 times to change DVD region.

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 17
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 9/7/2001 6:28:22 PM   
digi

quote:

but the liteon dvd drive has no RPC-1 patch firmware though only 5 times to change DVD region.

Not yet but I think it wouldn't be long now... (do'nt take my word for it tho}

Watch out with the Toshiba 1502. The latest revision (firmware 1002)is NOT FLASHABLE. Not only you can forget rpc-1, but any future upgrdes as well. Big bummer

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 18
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 9/13/2001 8:23:07 AM   
Banditbanger

I have a Pioneer DVD 106 slot. Can anyone tell me if it works well with CloneCD and which types of protection (SD2 etc) can it read? I'm thinking of buying Lite-On 16x CDRW and have read that it cannot clone SD2 CDs.

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 19
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 9/13/2001 8:59:13 AM   
Sexbomb

I have a Pioneer DVD 103 (6x) and does not read subchannel data, tried to read Diablo 2 (securom) and the image did not work (asked for cd), while reading it with my former HP 9150i, it worked flawlessly, so most probably Pioneer 106 will not work as well.

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 20
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 9/19/2001 5:53:46 AM   
phop007

I have Asus S500/A (3.4H) and Lite-On 12101B (LS3i) both of them can not read Subchannel data&Audio with Clonecd but why other programs tell me that these Cdroms can read Subchannel data &audio that is my question ??????? but any way I went to computer store and bought Afreey 52X CDROM. It cost me about 25 US$ so It can read Subchannel data and Audio very well both with Clonecd and Blindread but I heard somewhere that it will slow on fast skip error reading with Clonecd but that is not a big problem for me I can wait until job reading done.

I also do some test with my Afreey 52X cdrom to read subchannel data+audio from my PSX CD with CloneCD 3.0.9.1 and save to Harddisk and also use Burndrive (The program that can produce Clonecd image file+ subchannel file) to read PSX CD with subchannel data+audio and save to Harddisk and compare these files (*.img and *.sub files) the result is totally the same size and again I use my Asus S500/a and Lite-On 12101b which Clonecd said can't read Subchannel data but for Burndrive it can. So I try to use Burndrive to read my PSX CD from my Asus & Lite-On drive (with subchannel data+audio) and save to hard drive and compare these files together with a files from Afreey Cdrom (*.img, *.sub) @#$%^&*............. Yes !!! the size are totally the same size except *.ccd files due to Burndirve make a version 2 of *.ccd files not version 3 So maybe this is the solution for my Asus S500/A and Lite-On 12101b to make it read Subchannel data & audio with Burndrive and burn it back with Clonecd due to Burndrive didn't burn properly with my Lite-On 12101b.

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 21
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 10/4/2001 3:38:39 AM   
PCuser

Hi
I'm looking for a DVD which can read subchannel data,
I know Liteon and Toshiba support subchannel but I couldn't find them in shops in my area. The DVD I can find are:

Panasonic
Sony
Pioneer
Asus
NEC
Samsung

I've also found a site stated that Pioneer DVD-106S supports CloneCD Subchannel reading.....

http://www.tecchannel.de/hardware/643/41.html
it's in German, so use an online translation service
http://world.altavista.com/
to translate it into English

"In co-operation with clone CD he succeeds in extracting Subchannel information of the audio and data TRACKS of our test CD."
(Translated Text)

does it really support subchannel or not?
I'm getting confusing.....

Thanks

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 22
RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading - 11/1/2001 9:32:43 AM   
R00KIE

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"and compare these files (*.img and *.sub files) the result is totally the same size"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES but have you tryed to compare the content of those files????

I think not because if you did you would find that they are different
.even if you read the same disk twice inthe same drive reading subchannel its hard to get matching files if not impossible.i've tested it with Toshiba SD-M1502 and with Plextor PX-W1210A and even if i read the cd at 1x two consecutive images they are diferent

(in reply to mutant)
Post #: 23
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> RE: DVD drives and subchannel reading Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI