CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1485 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/3/2002 9:41:24 AM   
kitchme

Hey, I read these posts and there is similarity to my problem. Here is how it goes. My burner is philips cdrw804. Have WinXP Pro with the latest ASPI drivers (v4.7). I wanted to update the firmware, but I get "Fatal Error: ASPI Send Error" during update. I'm not even sure if it'll correct the problem with my burner. The problems are, many times when I input the blank CDR (just opened) it has a hard time recognising it..If it doesn't then I must restart windows so I can get the CD out. If it recognises the CD, then during burning (I use Nero v5.5.9.0), it sometimes cannot close the CD (when burning audio CDs mainly), and the program runs until I forcefully close it. But then the CD works fine eventhough it tells me that it didn't close it correctly. I also get this error at about 4-5 % into burning - Power Calibration Error. It just wastes the CD. So far I've been able to burn one good CD out of 4 or 5. Awful. Do I need to buy a new one or to upgrade my firmware. Perhaps if that little patch can help me out to upgrade the firmware from 2.0 to 2.5, please will you be kind to send it to me. I tried to find the settings (DMA, auto insert, firmware version) in XP Pro, but I didn't know where to go. It was easy to do it in Win98. CAn you help me out there maybe. Thnaks much for your help

(in reply to Laffin Assassin)
Post #: 81
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/3/2002 9:45:46 AM   
kitchme

I just wanted to say that I overlooked the previous post. I d/l ASPI fix. I would still appreciate any thoughts about the problem in the post above. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again

Post #: 82
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/3/2002 2:22:56 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well just try the ASPI FIX it can't do any harm and I would suggest you Upgrade your Firmware to the latest version this usualy does cure a lot of problems !!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 83
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/3/2002 8:18:44 PM   
kitchme

Hey Laffin Assassin,
thanks for your kind help. The problem is how to update the firmware. I have ASPI drivers (v4.6) installed and when I run ASPIchk, it all looks fine. I got WinXP Pro. I now tried to run FlashTool, and it all looks good until the last 'Next' button. Right before it's about to update. It' says "Fatal Error - ASPI Send Error". Do you maybe have any suggestions on that. Thanks much.

Post #: 84
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/3/2002 9:40:00 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I suggest you download the Latest firmware for your Writer again and did you follow the instructions on the .txt file in the ASPI FIX zip file !!! [?]

Post #: 85
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/10/2002 11:27:59 PM   
Mikaq

right.... I tested that aspi fix and it didn't work... it still says fatal error: aspi send error.... I did read txt. I have also tested aspi 4.71 and aspifix and it still won't work. I know that my writer is different than in the topic. My model is 1610A, but it seems that the flashtool is quite similar to all philips writers. And also cdrwin won't work. Laffin, do you have any tips how to get aspi working in xp pro?

Post #: 86
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/11/2002 12:03:43 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Right..... Well I suggest you download the latest Firmware for your Writer again and try it again as loads of our members have used the ASPI FIX with Windows XP including myself with good results and if that dosen't work you have got problems elsewhere ie:- a Faulty Writer !!!

Post #: 87
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/11/2002 8:08:42 PM   
Mikaq

Laffin, what you mean faulty writer? It works fine with nero and I have updated firmware succesfully with windows ME. So there is no problem. Also I have tested clonecd and cd-mate and those work fine, but cdrwin won't work at all. Now if I changed my os to windows ME then the writer would work great with cdrwin and I could update firmware easily. So only conclusion is that aspi sucks big time. at least adaptec aspi. and changing os only for firmware updating is too far big job. and I have read that someone has succeeded with this and others haven't succeeded.

Post #: 88
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/12/2002 1:49:03 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well all I can say is it worked for me and 100's of other Members after they followed the Instructions Fully but you do mention that you used the ASPI Fix after you tried all other ASPI upgrades and they did not work either !!! So I suggest you read this and other Topics on the same Issue and you will see for yourself that the ASPI FIX worked for them and I can't say why it didn't work for you !!!

Post #: 89
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/12/2002 11:54:04 AM   
geodanny

I have a Philips PCRW464 and am having similar issues and am getting a "ASPI Send Error" when attempting to flash the cd writer.

Originally, the error had been something about needing to have Adaptec ASPI. I installed it 3 or 4 times but each time the same error would return. I then tried your magic fix and now get the ASPI Send Error.

Do you have any suggestions? I run WIN2K.

Thanks,

Danny

Post #: 90
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/12/2002 7:47:38 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Try downloading the latest Firmware for your Writer again and then use the ASPI FIX again but make sure you follow the Instructions on the .txt file Fully then try and flash it again !!!

Post #: 91
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/13/2002 3:12:59 PM   
Mikaq

I have struggled with this problem dozen of times.... luckily my friend lend his harddrive for me and updated my firmware using windows 98. It updated without hesitation.

Laffin, I said that most of the users has been able to update firmware with your fix, but there is some who haven't been able to update it. now, that doesn't automatically mean that writer is faulty or that sort of thing. I have been encountered many strange things in PC, so this one isn't at all surprising.

For example, I encountered problem with MSI motherboard and Hyundai memory. All tests showed that memory was working properly, but it still crashes the system. Changing memory module to another,Kingston, then the system started working properly without any problems.

Perhaps there isn't any wrong with ASPI, perhaps my chipset drivers are old or something. Anyway now I have updated it with windows 98 so there is no problem anymore. I wonder why Philips or the other cd-writer companies doesn't make firmware updater for DOS.

Thanks anyway Laffin for your help. Next time when new firmware is published I will update with windows 98 or other OS which don't use ASPI

Post #: 92
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/13/2002 9:07:57 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well it would have helped if you had given my your System Spec but not to worry if you are going to your friends hard-drive good !!!

Post #: 93
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/16/2002 5:07:51 PM   
drewhoff

I'd like to get the patch for the Philips PCRW804. Thanks

Post #: 94
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/16/2002 7:10:59 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi drewhoff
Just read the first post of this Topic and you will see you can now download it !!!

Post #: 95
RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 - 10/17/2002 4:34:44 PM   
van48

Hi Laffin. I have read thru this forum trying to figure how to get my Philips CDRW 804, which I have had just over a year and has worked fine in the past (the little I used it) but now seems ready for trash heap. I did the update firmaware thing with no problems. But still get the dreaded "E\is not accessible The device is not ready" msg when I try to use the Philips. So I tried the ASPI file fix next really not knowing whether I needed to or not (it appears this aspi fix is only needed if you can't do the firmware upgrade which I was able to do ok soooo...???) Anyway, still no joy. First I did the aspi.bat which seemed to install or load some files then, following directions, did the aspi32.exe. This time I got the error msg "No qualified Adaptec products have been detected on this system" when in actuality I do have the Easy CD Creator 4 installed. Hmmm. I have another question(s) as well but this is getting a bit wordy so will stop here for now. Thanks for any and all help. Van48

Post #: 96
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: Cure the ASPI Problems with the Philips PCRW804 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI