CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero and write speeds ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1301 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero and write speeds ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 10:59:58 AM   
Stone

I have a Lite-on 32x10x40 and the latest Nero software however I can only set the write speed to 24x max is this as fast as it writes or did I miss something in setting it up?

Post #: 1
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 11:14:00 AM   
nkwe

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 11:54:11 AM   
Stone

Ok I looked it over but I fail to see where I can change the settings to 32x? Also where can I find the Serial # for the software? maybe that's why I can't change the settings?

the *s above are supposed to say the S E R I A L # I wonder why it won't post it ?

Edited by - Stone on 07/14/2002 12:00:31

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 2:26:52 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Because the word you tried to enter is not allowed on this forum. The best place to get a ser!l number for nero is go their website and pay for a Full version and download it and they are kind enough to give you one !!!

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 2:27:18 PM   
nkwe

My version 5590 is registered and I can select up to 32X

Sorry can't help U

“Time is a lenient god. - Sophocles”

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 3:16:24 PM   
Stone

So the nero software I got with my drive is not a full version even though it let me update it to the 5.5.9 version ?

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/14/2002 3:27:04 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Stone
Some manufacturers only give you an OEM version which has been cut down but some give you the full version but when you get a full version it will have a ser!al number on the case or folder that the Nero came in ! OEM versions are usually tied to the CD Writer that they came with and don't need a Ser!al number but will not work with a different manufacturers Writer !!!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/24/2002 7:04:58 PM   
Stone

Ok I got a new copy of Nero with the ser*** # and unistalled the old software, installed the new one and then upgraded it to the 5.5.9.0 from Neros website but still can't adjust my write speed above 24x ?
however the only time I was asked to give the ser***# was when I installed it on my PC, now I'm really confused

BTW I running Windows XP on a brand new PC does this have anything to do with it?

Edited by - Stone on 07/24/2002 19:08:30

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/24/2002 8:01:45 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi
You say " however the only time I was asked to give the ser***# was when I installed it on my PC, now I'm really confused "
When you are using some OEM versions the ser!al number is tied to the CD Writer Manufacturer and and it is sometimes a cut down version so as long as you are using their Writer it will work without a ser!al number as it is checking for the writer and not for a ser!al number but because you now have the full version you now require a ser!al number before you can use Nero with all its functions and that is why it asked you for it when you installed it !!!
As for your other problem with it not writing at 24x the first thing to check is that the media you are using is rated at 24x or higher and the best way to find this out now you have the full version of Nero is to Run Nero CD Speed with one of your media in the writer. You will find this in the start menu in Nero Tools !!!
I hope this has made things clearer for you !!!

Laffin Assassin

CD-ROM ---- Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months !!!
The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in !!!
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them ???

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/24/2002 9:30:45 PM   
Stone

Hmm maybe I'm not understanding this software or just thinking it should work a different way than it does, let me try to explian a little better.

when I open Nero under new compilation then under the burn tab it has a section that says:

write speed (here where you can choose the write speed in a drop down box the max setting is 24x)
write method
number of copies smart burn

Now if my recorder is a 32x should I not be able to adjust this setting to 32x ? or am I really missing something?

Edited by - Stone on 07/24/2002 21:32:00

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/24/2002 9:32:57 PM   
Stone

BTW thanks for trying to help me with this Laffin Assassin!

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 7/24/2002 9:50:07 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Stone
No Problem Mate !!!
You have got to have a CD Media ( A BLANK CD )that will record at 32x or Nero will limit to the speed that it thinks the Media will safely record at that is why I told you to check the Media with Nero CD Speed !!!

Laffin Assassin

CD-ROM ---- Consumer Device, Rendered Obsolete in Months !!!
The Definition of an Upgrade: Take old bugs out, put new ones in !!!
What do people mean when they say the computer went down on them ???

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 8/1/2002 2:50:43 PM   
nkwe

Hi LA

Wish that this is really true "Nero will limit to the speed that it thinks the Media will safely record" R U sure that Nero is that clever in detecting the blank media's burn speed? Reason why I am asking is at least once Nero continued to burn at a higher speed than that of the media inside the burner.

One of the reasons why I burned some coasters is that Nero was showing X24 whilst there was only a X16 in the burner. It seemed to be burning Ok @ X24 but in the end a coaster was the end result. Only realised too late that the burn speed was set to high for the media that is in the burner. Even did a successful verify of data written afterwards.

To me it seems that the best bet is to burn at a lower speed than the Media rating. At both speeds (X16 and X8)the burn rate was about 10 minutes for exactly the same compilation. One would expect the faster burn rate to take less time or is there an other limiting factor I should know about?

“Time is a lenient god. - Sophocles”

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 8/1/2002 6:31:28 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi nkwe

You Say " Wish that this is really true "Nero will limit to the speed that it thinks the Media will safely record" R U sure that Nero is that clever in detecting the blank media's burn speed? Reason why I am asking is at least once Nero continued to burn at a higher speed than that of the media inside the burner."

Yes Mate Nero usually automaticly checks what speeds the Media is capable of doing and also what speeds your writer can run at safely and gives you the options to burn at those speeds manually or it picks the best speed it thinks your media can handle if you let it do it Automaticly!!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 14
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 8/2/2002 10:01:17 AM   
tucker

have you checked the speed of your cdrs

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 15
RE: Nero and write speeds ? - 8/2/2002 1:13:23 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Hey tucker
If you read the full thread you will get your answer !!!

Laffin Assassin

(in reply to Stone)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero and write speeds ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI