CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1660 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 6/24/2002 10:08:29 AM   
CorradoVR666

I already tried that approach.

That does seem to be the obvious choice, but XP won't let you access your HDD from the bootdisk for some reason (If NTFS) but only your CD-ROMs. (C: - returns as "no such drive")
I dunno, did you guys already try it and succeed? (I hope you're running XP).

The memdrive was the only method I used to get it to work.

LG 32x10x40 (GCE-8320B)

(in reply to SSj4MajinVegeta)
Post #: 17
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 6/24/2002 10:41:27 AM   
Laffin Assassin

NTFS does cause some problems even with programs. That is why most people who use Windows XP find things a lot easier with Fat32. But you never mentioned that you were using NTFS! By the way are you using a SCSI or an IDE hard-drive?

Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Important!!!
But it's more Important to be NICE!!!

Post #: 18
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 6/24/2002 9:53:54 PM   
CorradoVR666

my bad then..

I have a an IDE WD 1000BB hdd (100 gig/2mb). Should've waited for the JB :(

But nonetheless, I'm happy to say that I really enjoy this recorder. It runs great for it's price ($99 Canadian). There are some problems here and there with Overburning (sometimes can't finish closing the session after like 82 mins on an 80min cd) but I guess it has to do more with the medium than the recorder.

LG 32x10x40 (GCE-8320B)

Post #: 19
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 6/26/2002 12:26:49 AM   
WarpedHippie

Hello, I very desperately need drivers, for the HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320B If andyone could point me in the direction Id be REALLY happy.
email me at warpedhippie@shaw.ca

Post #: 20
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 6/26/2002 6:02:45 AM   
john

What kind of drivers you need?

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

Post #: 21
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 7/3/2002 6:44:48 PM   
CorradoVR666

this is probably an old question that has been asked many times before, but I still don't know the answer to it.

What is the difference between all the dye colours on the bottom of CD-Rs? (I care not about the chemical as I do about the quality of data recorded).

And what colour dye is best for what type of recording? (audio/data)

merci.

LG 32x10x40 (GCE-8320B)

Post #: 22
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 8/19/2002 12:20:17 PM   
gr8one

To All...

I found the Korean S/W Support link:

http://www.lgservice.co.kr/docs/graph/ec_sws_list.jsp

They have all the firmwares and upgrades. Also I just spoke to the U.S. Tech Support, and they told me that the GCE-8320B should be used with the Roxio Easy CD Creator v5.1. If anyone has the v5.0, you can get the upgrade at the above link.

Good luck guys.

John
CA, U.S.A.

Post #: 23
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 8/20/2002 12:09:25 PM   
gr8one

It works.

I installed the EZ CD Creator 5.0 Platinum with the 5.1 upgrade from the Roxio's website and the GCE-8320B worked without the firmware upgrade. It runs at 32x, but it's less complicated than upgrading the firmware (I think).

Try it if you have the 5.0.

John.

Post #: 24
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 8/21/2002 5:33:30 AM   
AnthiStatic

Hi all!

Well, i tried to update mu firmware yesterday... didn't go all to well. My GCE-8320B died on me... couldn't even open the tray... But i never say die so if anyone gets a bad firmware update here is what you do. (At least what i did..)

1. Get hold of a Win 98/Me boot disc and make the changes CorradoVR666 stated above (the 8Mb RAM Drive fix)

2. Copy the je3.exe and the ***.hex file to an other floppydisc or cd-r

3. Reboot using the bootdisc you created (use Startup with cd support option) and copy the files onto the RAM Drive. Use the "copy a:\ *.* c:" command to copy the entire content of the (in this case) floppy drive to the ram drive.(driveletter may vary)

4. This may be the tricky part. I knew that my GCE-8320B was installed as Secondary Master, Port 3, so i could use the portcommand when flashing my unresponding drive. If you don't know this, open your case up and check the straps on your drive and aply the port number as follows: (1-Pri. Master, 2-Pri. Slave, 3-Sec. Master, 4-Sec. Slave)

5. When you know the portnumber you whish to use (1,2,3 or 4) type: "je3 je3lg***.hex 3 /m" and hit Enter. This will make the flashprogram try to flash the drive on the third port without scanning for it first. (useful if the drive doesn't respond) The screen should show the progress of the updating. (i.e updating: ##%)

6. When done updating the Checksum check will commence. That should go fairly quick and when done the screen should say something like: Update Succesful. Done updating GCE-***B and so on...

7. Eject the floppy and hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete to reboot.

8. Enjoy!

Got any questions??
e-mail me: anthi@home.se

Post #: 25
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 8/31/2002 8:53:09 AM   
Adnel Ortiz

quote:
Originally posted by CorradoVR666

You have to make (if you are under XP and want to upgrade or overclock your LG burner) a RAMDISK drive (temporary memory drive).

1) but before you do, get a cdrewritebale and burn the firmware updates onto it.
2) make a DOS bootdisk with XP (I made one with WinME - sister's OS)
3) Go edit the "config.sys" and you should see a [CD] category and in there you should see:

devicehigh=ramdrive.sys /E '2048' (change the 2048 to something like 8048 - 8MB capacity for the ramdrive).

4) Also, do the same in the [NOCD] category just below (change the '2048' to 8048).

The reason why you have to change this is because the firmware update is larger than 2MB when uncompressing on the floppy disk. And this will result in an incomplete firmware flash.

5) Reboot the PC with the bootdisk and boot with CD-ROM support and you will notice that you're drive C: is 8MB (or your HDD letter). This is your memory drive. XP hides the hard drive on boot-up for some reason.

6) Copy the firmware files off the CD-rewritable into the 8MB C: drive.

7) now you are ready to flash off the C: (8MB) drive and follow the instructions from then on.

je3.exe xxx.hex

LG 32x10x40 (GCE-8320B)

Bah, just get a Win98 Boot disk, copy the necessary files for the flash on another disk and voila.

I'm not evil.....what you see is just a reflection of all that sorrounds us.

Post #: 26
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 9/8/2002 3:44:29 AM   
Marcelo S

I don´t know about you guys but i have been having trouble like hell to create a DAMN NTFS boot disk cuz i have winxp over ntfs and havent been able to upgrade my LG-GCE-8320B by using a boot disk....

Does anyone knows how to creat this damn ntfs boot disk o go around it to upgrade my burner im just dying to overclock it to the 40x/12x/48x potential but have been frustrating like never before

Nione? knows how to?

Post #: 27
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 9/8/2002 5:05:48 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Hi Marcelo S
I suggest you try NTFSDOS !!! To find it just do a search in :-
http://www.google.com
I don't know if this will help as I don't have any NTFS drives at the momment but it must be worth a try !!!
I hope this Helps !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

Post #: 28
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 10/4/2002 1:23:21 PM   
AnthiStatic

Strange... if you follow my guide i posted earlier you should be able to upgrade your device with a Win 98 bootdisk as long as it has extended RAM capacity.

At least it worked for me...

/AS

Post #: 29
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 11/12/2002 11:53:08 AM   
Musichead

quote:
Originally posted by turboman

I just purchaged an GCE-8320b, and was also wondering what the 1.04 firmware update does. I tried to burn 90min CD's with the latest nero, but he sees them as 80min. Has someone tried burning 90min on this model with the latest firmware?. Thanks in advance...:)

i tried a 99 minute and the writer seems to see it like a 79 minute CD
(yes i have updated my writer to 1.04, and nero sees it as 1.04)
bytheway don't bother to mail or call LG, we all get no reaction to any contact with LG.

What if i connect the green wire to the red... *ZzZzAaPP*...
D'oh!

Post #: 30
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 11/12/2002 12:02:23 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

LG burners typically can't burn past 90min. And it's not unusual for a 90+min CD-R to be recognized as an 80min CD-R (or sometimes other capacities). It's basically a super overburning CD-R, a CD-R made for overburning to the extreme. That's why you have to go into the Nero prefs (under expert options) and enable overburning and set the limit to 99:59:00. If you do an overburn CD, it should work fine :)

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

Post #: 31
RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 - 11/12/2002 12:18:02 PM   
Musichead

quote:
Originally posted by SSj4MajinVegeta

I was just wondering if anyone actualy used this update cause thre is no info file or anything on it so please get back back to me.. thanks

i have managed to translate the most of the helpfile so here it is!:

¢Ñ Attention fact - Firmware ep responsibility support it is not from the case our company where the problem will occur in the product which is caused by with that RAID. - This firmware domestic affection width firmware is the bay ep that RAID does in domestic affection width one case. The calendar product is the domestic OEM product (LG-IBM PC inclusion) ep that RAID it does not do roll up with this firmware. * Against the calendar product it does not provide a firmware. When in the calendar product ep that RAID it does with domestic affection width firmware, ep that RAID does not become ep that RAID becomes to be the over could occur in the product, responsibility support it is not from the over occurrence hour our company. * The product which in domestic OEM PC is affixed firmware requests at that OEM enterprise. - This firmware is the firmware where the use is possible in LG GCE-8320B model of TRAY method. In only the identical model one case ep that RAID does with firmware. - The size of this firmware Zip file 316KB (323,772 bites) is dosage. When knock-down after receiving, it confirms registration information or an attribute from the window search flag from and it is accurate and is not the identical dosage, the knock-down road coat problem occurring ep that RAID it does not do roll up. Once the knock-down road do more and try if sameness having an over to server is el after E the knock-down road receive again a dosage confirmation and and. The cotton where the dosage is identical ep that RAID do. - This firmware is 1.04 pe cyen that pe cyen to use, when it is, ep that RAID it does not do roll up. * Firmware pe cyen the confirmation law ¨ç it is recorded on product top Label, ¨è the confirmation use OS of at window Win98/WinMe one case " start - set - control board, - system registration information - system manager -CDROM registration information - from set " the confirmation possible use OS confirms a confirmation impossible => product top Label at Win2000/NT/XP one case window - This firmware basic is the firmware which improves the collision problem of the Recording Tool which is loaded and in Nero burningRom program formal support and the WinXP. ep That RAID do the bay firmware in the case which will agree with the fringe land contents of that over condition the over of the product to occur and firmware. Firmware ep that RAID firmware ep that RAID hour the worry which will go wrong is the case which will not be over to the product and over condition occurs in order for the hardware fringe land of the product to come to accomplish, the case where that over condition will not agree with a firmware fringe land contents ep that RAID it is good most not to do. - When firmware ep the problem occurs in the product which is caused by with that RAID, firmware ep in that RAID or ep the defective condition after that RAID is occurred the poem which product inspection will receive a contents to inform LG home page (www.lge.co.kr)" meaning of a passage proposal " with certainly to inform. - Firmware ep that RAID method attitude is being recorded a firmware file refers it in that file of the place where the compression cancellation hour Txt file appears. ¢Ñ Firmware ep that RAID method The GED8320B104.ZIP with the case lower part which compression will cancel a file 2 files get together. <- Æß¿þ¾î ¾÷±×·¹ÀÌµå ½ÇÇàÆÄÀÏ je3lg409.hex <- Æß¿þ¾î ¾÷±×·¹ÀÌµå µ¥ÀÌÅÍ ÆÄÀÏ MS-DOS Àü¿ë ÇÁ·Î±×·¥À¸·Î, WINDOWSÀÇ ÇÑ±Û MS-DOS âÀ̳ª ¸í·ÉÇÁ·ÒÇÁÆ® â¿¡¼­´Â ½ÇÇàÀÌ µÇÁö ¾Ê°Å³ª ¿¡·¯°¡ ¹ß»ýÇÒ ¼ö ÀÖ½À´Ï´Ù. * WINDOWS'98¿¡¼­´Â ½Ã½ºÅÛ ºÎÆýà ½Ã½ºÅÛ ¹ÙÀÌ¿À½º üũ°¡ ³¡³­ ÈÄ Àû´çÇÑ ½Ã±â¿¡ ¹Ì¸® The je3.exe firmware carries must do thu consecutively from DOS mode. * From the WinME/Win2000/WinXP because is not DOS mode the father thing due to the diskette the }a{: The father thing the printed style of writing must use in }ms{-DOS mode. - Issue which it produces from the Win98se thing the case which will be the diskette: From the CMOS the father thing it becomes with the flow blood diskette and the Setting it does and the father thing after one firmware ep that RAID execution - issue which it produces from the Win98se thing is not the diskette from the directory which is firmware file and issue which it produces from the different OS thing diskette one case: The CD-ROM it does not become automatic recognition the knock-down road it receives CD-ROM Install Driver from the S/W data thread of LG home page, -> the father thing with the diskette the father thing -> the Install it does with the CD-ROM Install diskette and after recognizing the CD-ROM, from the directory which is firmware file firmware ep that RAID execution Use method? 0. The CD-ROM when inside driving there is a CD, it removes the CD. In order to become, after connecting with an independence in SECONDARY MASTER, it uses. 1. The je3.exe, the directory which is je3lg409.hex file (the }c{: \) From with lower part it inputs together. }c{: \}je{3 je3lg409.hex 2. The CD-ROM the drive whole surface non it peels, ppak and, after short time ep that RAID is over. 3. ep To after that RAID currently to indicate a condition it will be able to confirm a condition easily by the screen. Before absolute condition confirming ep it discontinues that RAID re-department thing it does not do roll up.

What if i connect the green wire to the red... *ZzZzAaPP*...
D'oh!

Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> RE: LG. HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8320 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI