CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1739 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02 - 5/26/2002 7:53:52 PM   
blackcobra

quote:

Sorry i don't have much information from Samsung about SM-232 but its possible that they have decided to changed specs till the final product comes out.

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

John : I have to say that you have been a HUGE help for me! Thanks for all the time that you replyed to one of my post(s) :):)

completely newbie to this stuff :(

(in reply to blackcobra)
Post #: 17
RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02 - 5/27/2002 8:29:46 AM   
john

You welcome!

(in reply to blackcobra)
Post #: 18
RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02 - 5/30/2002 12:47:26 PM   
Kennyshin

I had better say something here.

black~cobra, you read my posts in other forums. Hm. You could have asked me directly. I also have been reading CDRinfo.com for very long.

CDRinfo.co.kr has no relationship with CDRinfo.com, of course. The former broke the 100,000 forum membership long ago even though it is 100% in Korean language for only Korean nations - they all check ROK citizenship registration number which I am not sure is called in English. However, the site is of course not known to outside Korea just like K-Bench which has hundreds of thousands of members isn't known outside at all since this country is still "hermet" kingdom.

Anyway, back to the original issue. Samsung's new combo drive with 32x CD-R and 12x DVD-ROM combined has been reviewed by several Korean sites and one of the reviews can be found here: http://www.cdrinfo.co.kr/Hardware/view.asp?no=408&page=1&forum_id=review (the same one black~cobra linked above.)

LG will of course soon mass-produce similar products. I believe it will produce about one or two million CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drives each month in the second half of this year. Most of those will go into OEM PCs for Dell, HP, and many others.

Both LG and Samsung plan in the following way.

First phase: CD-ROM
Second phase: CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM
Third phase: CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo
Fourth phase: CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo, DVD Writer

Or,

First phase: CD-RW and DVD-ROM
Second phase: CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo
Third (Final) phase: DVD Writer

Specifically on DVD Writer, both companies first started developing and producing DVD-RAM drives. Both moved into DVD-R/-RW, too. And then DVD-RAM/DVD-R combo drives. Last year, LG announced CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-RAM "Multi" drive and the drive can be found somewhere now. Both will continue to produce DVD-RAM and DVD-R/-RW drives and develop better (or more) combo drives until moving into DVD+R/+RW/+MRW and blue laser. In short, they want it ALL.

Hm. Just explained from the viewpoint of the two companies.

Ken. kennyshin@msn.com

(in reply to blackcobra)
Post #: 19
RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02 - 5/30/2002 10:47:16 PM   
john

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your info. I hope soon test those new drives.

Btw welcome to this forum

(in reply to blackcobra)
Post #: 20
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> RE: John: Q about combo drive at cebit '02 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI