CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

copy problem   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 252 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> copy problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
copy problem - 2/2/2002 4:17:42 PM   
Warb

can't seem to copy games at all,copied an audio cd no probs.
I'm using clonecd with clonyxl,try to make an image file but it just wont have it. Then i copied a game using nero,on the fly.This copied no prob,when i look at the cd in windows explorer,it looks perfect ,all the files are there,but it wont work!

Post #: 1
RE: copy problem - 2/2/2002 4:43:31 PM   
netman

nero is no good for protected games. what settings were you using in clonecd? what games are you trying to copy? what burner and os are you using? exactly what problems are you encountering with clone? sometimes it seems as if there are problems when it is only the quirks of the particular software protection.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 2
RE: copy problem - 2/2/2002 4:51:20 PM   
Warb

hi.......doesnt really matter what game i try to copy...undying,f12001,robotwars,cmr2,gta2,serious sam,etc etc.
I have a liteon 16x10x40, os is windows me.I use clonyxl,most games have safedisk2.Then i click on clonecd,then try to make an image file ,after half an hour,only 1% had been read ,and i have loads of read errors,must be something not right,I'm just using the settings that clonyxl says to use.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 3
RE: copy problem - 2/2/2002 5:45:49 PM   
netman

i use clony to tell me what protection is on a disk but i don't always use the same settings.

try this with sd2. for reading use the liteon and set fast error skip to 0 retries and hardware correction. then burn with only 'amplify weak sectors' and 'always close last session' selected. be sure to install and play from a cdrom or dvdrom and not the burner because most sd2 games now have an atip check so they can tell if it's a copy when played from a burner. if you have to use the burner then turn on 'hide cdr media' in the clonecd tray utility. make sure you are using the latest version of clone, 3.3.4.1.

about the read errors, they are part of the safedisk protection and have to be there for the game to run. when clone starts reading and encounters these errors it will estimate the read time to be quite long. after it passes the errors it will normalize and continue at the correct speed. be patient, sometimes it does take quite a while to read them and with clony's default sd2 settings half an hour and 1% in not unusual.

if you're in the us and haven't changed your regional settings then you won't be able to use aws and hide cdr media until you do. if so just let us know and we'll tell you how. there are numerous posts here about it. let us know how it goes.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 4
RE: copy problem - 2/2/2002 10:19:02 PM   
nich0142

Why would I be unable to select "Hide CDR Media" in the CloneCD Tray Utility?

I followed every direction from the other pages and I am using a Lite On 24 with the latest software, latest betablocker, and latest clonecd.

Thanks

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 5
RE: copy problem - 2/2/2002 10:34:19 PM   
nich0142

I answered my own question. Regional Settings in control panel!!!! MOHAA works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 6
RE: copy problem - 2/3/2002 11:11:51 AM   
Warb

Will nero copy any games,I know it wont work with the latest protections,like safedisk etc.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 7
RE: copy problem - 2/3/2002 11:17:20 AM   
netman

quote:

Will nero copy any games,I know it wont work with the latest protections,like safedisk etc.

nero diskcopy will only copy games that have absolutely no protection schemes like embedded errors or subchannel data. you mentioned you had serious sam. if it's the first version then the us release had no protection and could be backed up with nero. not many are like that and the newest release of serious sam has the tough version of sd2 2.51.

(in reply to Warb)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> copy problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI