CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Site Bug or Feature?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1191 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> Site Bug or Feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Site Bug or Feature? - 1/30/2002 4:37:51 AM   
ZM

GoodDay,

I would like to know if there is any special reason why the "Latest Software" Quick links in the Main Page are diferent from those in the Tips page (and/or some other page(s)).

For Example, I have the following links:

Main Page:
(23/1) Nero Burning Rom v5.5.7.2

Tips Page:
(4/12) Nero v5.5.6.4
(9/12) CloneCD v3.2.3.1
(3/12) CloneCD v3.2.2.1

So I have diferent versions of Nero from one page to another, and in the Tips page I have 2 versions at the same time. Also, in Main page I have no CloneCD info/link.

When I click on "Latest Software" Title, I expect to see a full list with all the latest software versions, instead I get a list of software with less the half of the software displayed in the quick links.

I don't know if there is a reason of this behavior, in my opinion the quick links should display the latest versions of the software, but it should be the same content in all pages. Also, if I click the Latest Software link, I expect to see a similar list but with (maybe) some more software with older release date in it's later version.

For Example, if you show in the quick list 10 links out of 50 links in total, it should be ordered by descending release date of that version. When I click the Latest Software link, and it would display ALL the 50 links also descending date ordered.

In my opinion, you have here an excelent page, which I consult very often. Those quick links, for me, along with an easy way to access your review on the software, gives me a quick access to all the important recording software for my hardware. I think this "different" persentation does not give the user a feeling that it really is downloading the lattest version. Instead, makes him think "well, let's see if there is another latest version around the SAME site!".

Thank you for your attention.

I hope I made my idea clear, I really love this site!!!!! ;)

Keep up the good work!

ZM

Post #: 1
RE: Site Bug or Feature? - 1/30/2002 6:27:07 AM   
john

Yes this is a fault from our side. Soon the old (html) site will go away...

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

(in reply to ZM)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Users FeedBack >> Site Bug or Feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll