CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 884 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/21/2002 11:54:07 PM   
HaloZero

Hello all, I have read quite a bit of threads concerning the Sony CRX175 drives and no one seems to be having much luck with them. I live in Canada and own a retail boxed Sony CRX175A drive (purchased here in Canada) and was hoping someone could answer a couple of questions for me.
Does any one know what exactly the 1.1b firmware upgrade does or fixes? I have seen it for download everywhere but Sony and can't seem to find any more info on it. What is the reason for the update?
Secondly, can anyone tell me whether or not the CRX175E is the same drive as the CRX175A that I have and whether or not the firmware upgrade will work or be compatible with my drive?
Thanks to anyone who can give some input on this. Hope to hear from you soon.

HaloZero

Edited by - HaloZero on 01/21/2002 23:56:05
Post #: 1
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/22/2002 4:03:22 PM   
Gabe

Hi!

CRX 175E or 175A can be the same drives, i donīt sure

CRX 175A1 is a LiteOn 24102b
CRX 175A2 ia a Ricoh MP 7240

Which FW you using?

Bye
Gabe

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 2
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/22/2002 9:59:04 PM   
HaloZero

I have not altered my firmware yet. It is still the version 1.0h that came with the drive. What does the 1.1b version offer? What will it do for my drive? Thanks for any info.

HaloZero

Edited by - HaloZero on 01/22/2002 22:00:59

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 3
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/23/2002 3:38:44 PM   
shuraxoxol

Does anyone get luck to update firmware on Sony CRX-175E. I got a new drive couple of days with firmware 1.0h and try to update to 1.1b, but did not success.

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 4
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/23/2002 10:49:01 PM   
dnw

quote:

Does anyone get luck to update firmware on Sony CRX-175E. I got a new drive couple of days with firmware 1.0h and try to update to 1.1b, but did not success.

The firmware update will only work if DirectCD software
is installed. I have deduced this from the cryptic details
from the server that supplied the update,it is mostly in Japanese,
but the directions are in English. The relevant page is -

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/W-D09-U42-0.html

So if you want the update buy DirectCD, you could apply the update It looks interesting.

(It is possible the update is only relevent to DirectCD which
does special CD formating.)

regards

David Wilson

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 5
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/24/2002 2:35:32 PM   
Connie

I too have a CRX175E and have had some frustrations with it.I went to the site mentioned above and it looks like you must have firmware 1.1a to use this firmware update.I can't be sure cause I don't read japanese but there is a reference to 1.1a on the page.I do have 1.1a.I do not know how to update the firmware on my drive.Can anyone help with directions?Thanks for any help,Connie

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 6
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/26/2002 5:25:19 AM   
shuraxoxol

quote:

quote:

The firmware update will only work if DirectCD software
is installed. I have deduced this from the cryptic details
from the server that supplied the update,it is mostly in Japanese,
but the directions are in English. The relevant page is -

http://vcl.vaio.sony.co.jp/download/W-D09-U42-0.html

So if you want the update buy DirectCD, you could apply the update It looks interesting.

(It is possible the update is only relevent to DirectCD which
does special CD formating.)

I install the latest version of Direct CD 5.02d but it did not help. The message that i got from update program is " No updateable drive present". Does anyone know solution for this problem

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 7
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 1/27/2002 10:51:03 AM   
Connie

I would report here if it worked on my WinXP; CRX175E; 1.1a; Direct CD;but I still do not know how to update my firmware for the drive.If someone would be kind and explain to me how to.....Connie

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 8
RE: Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question - 3/3/2002 10:36:27 PM   
byrdman

I too have had no luck with my Sony CRX175E CDRW that came with my Sony Vaio RX560 PC running WinXP. I burned a data CD once early on without a problem but a month later I couldn't get it to work. I usually get a buffer under run error (HDD to CDRW) regardless of write speed. Even after a hard boot, any new blank CD-R put in the tray after a failed copy would cause major system slowdown as it appeared to me that the drive was trying to finish copying the files. Both the HDD and CDRW status lights would toggle back and forth. Sony support wants me to reformat the HDD before they will send any HW. I went ahead and purchased/installed EasyCD Creator 5.0 and loaded the updates for WinXP but still no luck (same buffer under run error). I was hoping someone out there has had something similar happen with this drive using with WinXP and has found a solution. I will look into the driver update and then looks like a reformat is in order so I can prove to Sony I need a new drive.

Any help on this issue anyone in the forum would be appreciated

(in reply to HaloZero)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Yet Another Sony CRX175 Firmware Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI