CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Buying a new CD RW   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1459 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Buying a new CD RW Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buying a new CD RW - 12/23/2001 11:56:49 AM   
ujiba

I'm thinking of buying a CD RW drive. Should I buy one right now, or should I wait until the new high-density CDRW drives are released(those drives that can write to high-density 1.3 gig cds). And does anyone know when such high-density CDRW drives will be released?

Post #: 1
RE: Buying a new CD RW - 12/23/2001 6:14:36 PM   
jb0395

i wouldnt bother with those because the format is new and there are basically no consumer players that can play them so they are for data storage only . I would stick with regular sized cds or go for a dvd burner .

(in reply to ujiba)
Post #: 2
RE: Buying a new CD RW - 1/7/2002 7:45:08 PM   
rkenshin

Go get a 32x cd writer! Then you'll have the best for about 6 months. Alternatively look into getting a DVD burner.

Pentium II-350
PcChips BX M747 m/b
384Mb RAM
Ricoh 20x10x40
Windows ME/XP (Dual)

(in reply to ujiba)
Post #: 3
RE: Buying a new CD RW - 1/8/2002 12:43:57 AM   
freonchill

quote:
Then you'll have the best for about 6 months

im not exactly sure on the product development cycles for burners, but i got a 12x last christmas, and now i have a 24x, since then we have gone through 16x & 20x... so im guessing about 3 months per speed increase...

but then again 32x is reaching the max speed that you can read the disc at... unless they make a 36x soon, im would say that we are getting towards the max that you are going to be able to burn, unless someone figures a way to make it like a good old cd press, where it would just make the entire disc in one 'press' but i guess you couldnt call it XXx speed anymore, b/c wouldnt the disc have to be 'still' for that?

Pi.

(in reply to ujiba)
Post #: 4
RE: Buying a new CD RW - 1/8/2002 5:45:19 PM   
The Spatula

Just get a relatively inexpensive 24x. This should tide you over for a while until the DVD-R drives & media become more reasonably priced. Besides, a 24x is pretty darn fast.

(in reply to ujiba)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Buying a new CD RW Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI