CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Audio CDs sound tinny   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1636 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Audio CDs sound tinny Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Audio CDs sound tinny - 11/17/2001 9:24:59 AM   
nsherin

Wonder if anyone could help here with a quick question:

I've copied numerous audio CDs over the past few months on good quality media (Kodak Gold Ultima and Sony). The drive I use to do this is a Plextor 12/10/32A and Nero 5.5.x.x (have upgraded several times).

When I play back my copies on a NAD C540 CD player, the results always sound a bit 'tinny' compared to the original. Any ideas why, as I don't have any problems when playing them back in my Sony Discman.

I've tried Kodak Audio CD-Rs, but the Plextor doesn't seem to accept them as a form of media to burn to. Does anyone know of either any good CD-R discs to change to for better sound or some tweaks I need to make in software or hardware?

Many thanks in advance,

Neil

Post #: 1
RE: Audio CDs sound tinny - 11/22/2001 5:47:23 PM   
xinga99

For information, CDR it not the right media for your real audio CD, even though you can copy to it, but if you want to make a good Audio CD, then you need the DA(Digital Audio)CD which it more expensive than CDR, however with the DA media you can't record it through your CD-R drive from computer, you have to record it through recordable machine.

Good Luck
Xinga

(in reply to nsherin)
Post #: 2
RE: Audio CDs sound tinny - 11/23/2001 8:37:00 AM   
Oddball

I am not sure yet but I think that audiocd's sound better
when they have been recorded with BURN-Proof disabled.
I allways copy to harddisk anyway so I don't really need that feature.
Give it a try maybe it works

(in reply to nsherin)
Post #: 3
RE: Audio CDs sound tinny - 11/25/2001 5:36:37 PM   
nsherin

Thanks for your replies - as you say, CD-DA discs can't be used in PC CD-RW drives - tried that, but it spat it straight out!

Regarding BURN-Proof being disabled - I'll give that a try when I go home in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again,

Neil

(in reply to nsherin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Audio CDs sound tinny Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI