CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero burning issue   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1244 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> FAQ >> Nero burning issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero burning issue - 9/11/2010 8:18:49 PM   
mike13

I copied a home video from my camcorder to a folder on my computer that is running Windows 7. I also have Nero 7 which I am trying to use to burn the small video to a DVD so I can watch it on my regular DVD player through my TV. When I open up Nero, choose DVD Video etc, and then drag the small video over to the left, I get this message.

One or more files could not be added to a compilation.
The following files may not reside in the VIDEO_TS directory of a DVD-Video compilation. Only compliant DVD-Video files
VIDEO_TS.IFO,
VIDEO_TS.VOB,
VIDEO_TS.BUP,
VTS_nn_0.IFO,
VTS_nn_0.VOB,
VTS_nn_0.BUP and
VTS_nn_m.VOB
can be added to the VIDEO_TS folder. Please add files from a completed DVD-Video title or use an authoring software like Nero Vision to create DVD-Video files from standard video files such as *.avi and *.mpg.

C:\Users\Mike\Documents\BriannaBirthdayVideo2010\SDV_0020.MP4

If I start over, and just choose DVD, and ISO, or even Multisession etc. I can drag the video over to the left, and it does burn it to a DVD disc. The movie dOES then play on my computer, but it does NOT play in my DVD player over by the TV. I get a message that there is a problem with the DVD disc. etc.
The small movie that I copied from my camcorder is labeled MP4, I think. I downloaded the free trial of Nero Vision, but that is too confusing to try and figure out. I keep thinking that if the video plays on my computer, it should also play on the regular DVD player. ??? Suggestions please.

< Message edited by mike13 -- 9/11/2010 8:19:36 PM >
Revisions: 1 | Post #: 1
RE: Nero burning issue - 9/12/2010 7:49:20 AM   
Tony Veglis

Actually do what Nero 7 suggests. Your camera's video file is probably an avi  file so Nero 7 cannot directly make it compatible with the DVD Video format when you drag 'n' drop the file to the compilation.

You should use authoring software first.

(in reply to mike13)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> FAQ >> Nero burning issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote