CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Avi to VCD or SVCD, etc? Size issues   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1086 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> FAQ >> Avi to VCD or SVCD, etc? Size issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Avi to VCD or SVCD, etc? Size issues - 5/12/2008 4:08:06 PM   
hemroid

Okay, I am definitely not anywhere up to speed on conversion of AVI files to VCD or SVCD or MPEG or any of that.  I have downloaded several AVI files that I would like to play on my home DVD player which will play Video CDs as well as DVDs.  My problem comes in when I get a 700 mg AVI and convert it to VCD, now it takes more space than a CD.  My question is hopefully a simple one, how can I tell before I convert an AVI file toa VCD or MPEG or SVCD if it is going to take up more space or not?  Does AVI have the largest compression so that all other types will automatically be larger?  When I tried to convert the 700 mg AVI it needed 2 CDs to write it in the new format. If I used SVCD it was going to take 3 CDs to write it.  Is there someway to just convert the AVI and place it on a DVD.  I am using software by Cucusoft, I think it is avi - dvd pro or something like that.   Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Someday I will learn some of this and perhaps I can help someone else. Hopefully :)

hemroid

"of course it hurts to sit, whadda you think"
Post #: 1
RE: Avi to VCD or SVCD, etc? Size issues - 5/12/2008 10:47:42 PM   
PatM

This link seems to give instructions to convert Avi to burn a DVD

http://www.cucusoft.com/avi-dvd.asp

The files are too large to fit on a VCD so use a DVD as per the link.

(in reply to hemroid)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [In-House] >> FAQ >> Avi to VCD or SVCD, etc? Size issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI