CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!!   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1162 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Internet >> Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! - 11/25/2007 5:15:54 AM   
killalot57

Hello, my internet connection "DSL" is suppose to provide 512 kbps, and my computer can recieve over 100 mbps, so why is it that I can only ever download at a few kilobytes per second and I load web pages slowely? I've tried to opptimize my connection with programs like regcure, and "limewire download accelerator", but they never work. My computer is currently free of any viruses,malware,ect...

P.S. People don't answer my posts very often, or very well, am I doing something wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! - 11/25/2007 8:38:44 AM   
SithTracy

Go see what you are actually getting at Speakeasy - Speed Test.  One factor is you may be located further away from your CO/DSLAM (Central Office/Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer providing your DSL service)...  If Cable broadband access is available to you (and yes it costs more), you will get a significant increase in throughput.

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 2
RE: Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! - 11/25/2007 5:43:56 PM   
Ruger45

Well no, your not. Just like the other poster said you maybe just too far from the DSL multiplexer. And yes CableModem will cost more but if the distance from the multiplexer is too far that will probably be the only thing you can do if you want on the net at high speed. So cheer up things could be worse.

< Message edited by Ruger45 -- 11/25/2007 5:45:45 PM >

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 3
RE: Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! - 11/25/2007 9:16:42 PM   
killalot57

Thanks, but now I'm more confused. According to the "Speakeasy - Speed Test" I can download at 700 kbps...

P.S. Cable is not available in my area, is there a petition or something to fix that?

(in reply to Ruger45)
Post #: 4
RE: Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! - 11/25/2007 11:47:47 PM   
Ruger45

quote:

ORIGINAL: killalot57

Thanks, but now I'm more confused. According to the "Speakeasy - Speed Test" I can download at 700 kbps...

P.S. Cable is not available in my area, is there a petition or something to fix that?

Those tests get a boost before their sent up to the satelite and it's really just an average of your high and low speed. You could possibly have a real high speed then before the test is over it goes really low and it gets averaged out to whatever you see.
As for the cable company, you can get a petition going for cable in your area but I think it would be a good idea to ask them if they have plans to install it in your area. If it's too long down the road or not at all then I'd get a petition going. Get as many people to sign as you can from your area.

< Message edited by Ruger45 -- 11/25/2007 11:48:40 PM >

(in reply to killalot57)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Internet >> Help!!!! My bandwidth is stupid!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI