CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

VHS copy to DVD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1260 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> VHS copy to DVD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VHS copy to DVD - 3/4/2007 9:35:31 PM   
mike13

I have about 50 VHS tapes that I would like to burn to DVD's. I have a new VHS / DVD player / recorder. My plan was to just use the DUBBING feature in the new unit to play the old VHS tapes and copy / burn it to a DVD, thinking that would give the best quality because the transfer would be within the same machine. However I do not have any editing capability when Dubbing,  meaning that I can not cut out the commercials etc that are on the original VHS tapes. The second choice would be to set up the Panasonic VHS player and use three cables (red, white , and yellow) to connect it to the DVD recorder. This way I could just pause the DVD recorder when commercials came up etc, and then start burning after the commercials. This would probably work, but I was wondering about the quality transfer. Would I loose quality going from the old VHS player through the three cables and then to the DVD recorder ??

< Message edited by mike13 -- 3/4/2007 9:36:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: VHS copy to DVD - 3/20/2007 3:59:17 PM   
coonsanders

hi
i had a mmind to do this but i was told its a major operation.u need a large hard drive digital software and much time to get the picture just right.u cant just record a video into a computer(as i thought)its a very long and complicateed job.your better off go-
to one of thoes places that do it for a fee-or getting a recording dvd player and hooking it up to your vcr and doing it that way.

coonsanders

(in reply to mike13)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> VHS copy to DVD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI