CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1089 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/18/2007 4:11:50 PM   
Zebadee

Post #: 1
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/18/2007 5:20:47 PM   
SithTracy

Thanks... and like usual, Nero does not provide a changlog.

(in reply to Zebadee)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/18/2007 7:47:20 PM   
MP3Mogul

LOL, always weeks after it's update!

Downloaded and installed, thanks!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/19/2007 4:53:07 AM   
alexmacris

nice, anyone knows whats new?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/20/2007 8:59:24 AM   
SithTracy

Looks the same to me... Bug fixes... and oh, I guess the Showtime component now plays BluRay and HD-DVD... gotta run out and spend a ridicules amount of money on a new BluRay or HD-DVD burner and buy some overly expensive movies and media and try that out....  NOT!!!

Oh, and though I have not tried to work with it yet, Nero Vision actually loads up in a decent amount of time... Something it had not done since the v6.x.x release of the Nero suite.

Gotta be honest though, while I continue to install Nero, I find I am using it much less because they have not been as quick in fixing things in this release (and I mean 7.x.x.x) as they have been with prior versions.  ImgBurn is becoming my every day data and video burner... though I must make an ISO image first... not a big deal... it does a better job anyway, and I always used CDRWIN for audio burns, though the updates on that seem to be non-existent... I also use the command line tools to trigger session burns to a CD-R/DVD-R... Off topic, does anyone know of any other utilities that are good for command line disc burning???  Please don't say DeepBurner Pro... I tried that junk... it doesn't tell you when the burning is complete and the session is not accessible... can only find it with IsoBuster.

(in reply to alexmacris)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/25/2007 4:18:51 PM   
empty

I have upgraded again, but I continue to have issues with what I think of is Nero bloat. I am pretty sure the Nero Scout is to blame, but I have turned it off (unchecked it) and run little deal that is supposed to unregister the service, but it keeps coming back.
Is there a way to install Nero 7.7.5.1 in some sort of "lean" mode where I can use the burning ROM program and the plugins for decoding MP3, FLAC etc to audio and nothing else. All I want to use it for is burning Audio CD's and DVD movies and DVD Data discs.
Is there a better, leaner replacment for Nero that does not install a load of resident sludge?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/25/2007 5:56:46 PM   
SithTracy

ImgBurn for DVD's (video & data) and data only CD's... And you won't find a better product does that... Oh, forgot to mention, it's free.

You may want to look at Burrrn for audio discs... Not bad, though I still use and prefer Golden Hawk CDRWIN with David Ching's CDRCue.  All those seem to be dead projects though... None have been updated in about a year or more.

I do recommend ONES to a lot of people too... It's simple and effective... and pretty inexpensive.  Still, I do fork out for Nero but I'll admit I am using it less and less.

< Message edited by SithTracy -- 1/25/2007 11:43:59 PM >

(in reply to empty)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/25/2007 10:25:02 PM   
empty

The problem is that just installing Nero seems to slow down my machine. That NMIndexStoreSvr.exe thing just grabs my machine by the gonads and the fact that it has dual-core and 4gb RAM seems irrelevant 
I would like to keep Nero installed, but in some really stripped-down, unintrusive version 6 kind of way if you know what I mean.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/25/2007 11:56:05 PM   
SithTracy

Know what you mean... Heck, wasn't Nero 5 still individual install packages... If you didn't want the feature, you didn't download it.  190MB+ is insane, even with broadband.  I still like the original Nero Burning engine and Vision and Recode stand out from time to time (though Vision is hit or miss with me).  I have found that I like Audacity much better than SoundTrax and WaveEditor.  ShowTime is okay, but I already have PowerDVD... My point is I don't need 190MB of bloat.  Nero Scout and InCD are useless... and who uses Nero Home and SmartStart... Please!  I guess they feel the need to compete with Roxio... not sure why, they buried them long ago.

I'd love to see this go back to individual downloads for components.

(in reply to empty)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/26/2007 2:32:10 AM   
empty

Well, I just tried Burnn but when it converted the FLAC files, it did not grab the titles of the songs; it just left the number of each song, which was a bit weird. Seemed to burn just fine.  Nero of course handled that perfectly, but drags my machine to its knees...

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/26/2007 8:07:42 AM   
SithTracy

empty, you've got Nero Scout enabled!!!  Shut that thing off!!!  I was wondering what "NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" was because it was not active on my system... So for kicks, I turned on the Nero Scout... BAM!  Turn that sucker off, it is useless.

(in reply to empty)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/26/2007 2:14:01 PM   
empty

I have tried turning it off, but it comes back like a bad penny. Tell me how to PERMANENTLY turn it off.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/26/2007 2:51:26 PM   
SithTracy

See if this thread helps you... if not post back for other ideas...

(in reply to empty)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/26/2007 9:28:19 PM   
empty

Well, as you can see from this snapshot, even after turning off Nero Scout, it has come back to haunt me:
Anything that Starts with NM is Nero scout dreck.  I really can't figure out how to get rid of this stuff. I enabled Scout so I could choose NO types of meda and no directories to manage, and then told it to disable Scout.
You can see the results in the Process Manager.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 14
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/27/2007 12:36:55 AM   
SithTracy

Try setting the NMIndexingService to manual and stopping it...

(in reply to empty)
Post #: 15
RE: Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW - 1/27/2007 10:09:31 AM   
empty

I disabled the NMIndexing service in the services control panel, but if I open Nero and then browse to select some files NMIndexStoreSvr.exe jumps to the top of the list in the Windows Task Manager Processes when I have it sorted by CPU. I am looking at it now and it is using 50% of the CPU and 99,740K RAM. If I kill the process from that window, suddenly my machine acts like it shed a lead coat.  How the hell am I supposed to get rid of this thing???

Really, should this require major surgery?

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero 7.7.5.1 NEW Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI