CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Burning Software for 2 CD Drives??   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1106 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Useful Software >> Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? - 11/28/2006 2:00:45 PM   
Skeezix

My computer came with a Liteon 24X CD burner. Worked fine, but was slow, so a couple years later I bought a Liteon 52X. Works great. However, the original drive (24X) no longer works. It IS recognized by Windows, but after inserting a CD (Audio or data), after a few seconds the tray opens back up.

System properties indicate all drivers installed okay and both devices are working.

System is WinXP SP2.

Have same problem on another computer system.

I am told that each drive works only with the software it came with.

Is there a commercially available application that will recognize, read from, and write to both these drives???

Post #: 1
RE: Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? - 11/28/2006 5:47:50 PM   
SithTracy

I think some versions of OEM software are configured to only work with the drive it shipped with... But I never use those OEM software products that come pre-packaged with my drive.  I am assuming it is Nero... See if you can get a full version from them as an upgrade from the OEM version.  It is well worth the price and give you the freedom to use whatever drive you want.  Check Nero's site for purchase information...  You'll have to put in your OEM serial number to see if it is eligible for a discounted upgrade to the full version.

(in reply to Skeezix)
Post #: 2
RE: Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? - 11/28/2006 11:49:27 PM   
Skeezix

You're probably right. I hate to ask this, but which CD burning software is considered the one to have these days??

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
RE: Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? - 11/29/2006 8:14:44 AM   
SithTracy

Nero, until something better come along... But nothing has for a total package.  I'll admit, Nero 7 as a package has it's flaws, but it is still the best choice and your going to find more peer support in forums such as this.  Not to mention, the good folks at Nero usually have an update available at least every 45 days (on average).

Like for example... I just checked their FTP site... v7.5.9.0A was released on 2006-NOV-27... Downloading now!

< Message edited by SithTracy -- 11/29/2006 8:15:47 AM >

(in reply to Skeezix)
Post #: 4
RE: Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? - 11/29/2006 10:09:32 AM   
Skeezix

Thank you - I appreciate your comments and will see about upgrading my Nero Burning program.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Useful Software >> Burning Software for 2 CD Drives?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI