CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Skipping towards the end of a burnt CD   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1339 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Skipping towards the end of a burnt CD Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Skipping towards the end of a burnt CD - 5/9/2006 5:24:11 PM   
rd80228

Hi all
I've been having this problem most of my "CD burning career" (all of the past couple of months) and figured it was time to sort it out.

Doesn't seem to matter what CD-Burner I use, and it doesn't seem to matter if I do an "exact copy" or burn the original to the hard drive first and then burn a copy - but I always seem to end up with CD copies that skip and jump towards the end of the CD - say the last track or two.  The beginning of the CD is fine - just the end.

I've used iTunes, Sonic RecordNow, WindowsXP MediaPlayer and all seem to cause me greif.  I've got some (supposedly) good quality Verbatim Multi-Use CD-R's and have been burning them at 12x.  The burnt copy skips and jumps in any player I put it in.

Am I doing something obviously wrong?
Thank you for your assistance
Robert.
Post #: 1
RE: Skipping towards the end of a burnt CD - 5/9/2006 6:47:07 PM   
SithTracy

First thing I would do is see if there is a firmware update for the recording drive I am using... Then I would insure I am not running any heavy I/O or any virus scanning tools while I am burning a disc... Tell us more about your system and burner.

(in reply to rd80228)
Post #: 2
RE: Skipping towards the end of a burnt CD - 5/9/2006 8:33:06 PM   
rd80228

Hi SithTracy

The burner is a "Lite-On DVD+RW SOHW-802S" (or at least that's what the hardware profile says).  And I always ensure the only thing running when I'm burning a CD is the burner s/ware.

I have Trend Micro Office Scan running as the anti-virus s/ware.  Would it be wise to shut that off while burning a CD?

Computer is an AMD Athlon XP +3200 with 512ram and is running Windows XP Home edition. 

Thanks
Robert.

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio >> Skipping towards the end of a burnt CD Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI