CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

burning dl dvd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1216 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> burning dl dvd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
burning dl dvd - 5/7/2006 3:28:36 PM   
coolbone

I am not able to burn a dl dvd without it locking up about halfway through(about track 15-17) during playback. I use memorex dl media and burn with Nero and dvd decrypter.

any help would be appreciated

thanks
coolbone
Post #: 1
RE: burning dl dvd - 5/7/2006 5:10:26 PM   
MP3Mogul

You say track, do you mean chapter?  What kind of DVD is this?  Also, in "my" experience the Memorex DL media on the market is rubbish.... I would try some verbatim.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to coolbone)
Post #: 2
RE: burning dl dvd - 5/7/2006 7:59:03 PM   
coolbone

Yes I meant to say "chapter" normally about halfway through the dvd. I have never actually burned a dl dvd successfully. Every one locks up at about the same spot. I have only used Memorex media for this. I wish I had know that Memorex was garbage before I bought that 50 pack  uhhhh   well I actually have had very good luck with the memorex single layer dvd's not really many coaster for my drinks.

So do you really think all the dvd's are bad? I have burned about 10 already(all bad) . I can actually watch the rest of the dvd if I skip over that bad chapter. Could it be a compatibility issue with my dvd player and dl media? I have an HP dl burner that came with my pc. I don't know the actual model. This is what it shows in device manager HL-DT-ST DVD ROM GDR81638B.  

Well I guess I should try another brand of media before I replace the drive. Do you know of anyone ever having this problem?

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: burning dl dvd - 5/7/2006 9:22:35 PM   
MP3Mogul

Well.....???  What burning software are you using to make the dual layer burns?

Memorex DL media is definately rubbish...

I would suggest getting some Verbatim DL media and giving it a try...

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to coolbone)
Post #: 4
RE: burning dl dvd - 5/8/2006 4:42:28 AM   
quoll

Hi Coolbone, as I understand it from previous postings on this subject the advice is mainly about the 'layer break' on DVD9 discs being copied incorrectly to your recordable DL media. If the layer break is not correctly inserted into your recording, playback will most often 'freeze' at that point.
Also does your burner have the ability to 'bitset' your prefered blank media DVD-R/+/- to DVD-ROM to allow greater compatibility with set top DVD players.
Have you updated your burner with the latest 'firmware' available
Then of course media quality is most important, try to use quality media such as Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, etc. as well as burning at the rated media speed.
Finally, regarding the layer break issue, it has been suggested to copy the source disc to your hardrive using the software 'Clone CD' as it sets the layer break correctly. Then use your burning software to burn the resulting image orVIDEO_TS folder to disc.
Hope this helps...

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> BD, CD, DVD Media >> burning dl dvd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI