CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Please help with newly purchased Toshiba D-R5   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1728 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Please help with newly purchased Toshiba D-R5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please help with newly purchased Toshiba D-R5 - 4/23/2006 2:10:07 AM   
Debbie2525

I just purchased a Toshiba D-R5 DVD recorder.

I have read up and heard things it can do and that is why I bought this one.

One of the things is that I read it has a onscreen TV guide and VCR plus+.  I have not found either of these features in the manual.

I was told that when it records and create chapters you can delete the chapters in groups at a time.  I can't even find anyway to delete one chapter without just deleting the hole recording (title).

It has "Time Slip/Chase play" which allows your to watch a previous recorded show while another is recording.  There is nothing in the manual on this either.

Whenever I powerup the recorder it goes directly to the one recording I have and starts playing it.  I don't want it to do that and there is no why to stop it.

I'm using a DVD-Ram disk and I believe you are also able to create a bookmark when you want to stop watching something and resume later.  Have not found anything about bookmarks at all.

Can anyone explain any of these feature.  Maybe I'm missing something.

If I return this recorder I do have to choice to get a Toshiba RD-XS34 (recorder with HD) for $150 more, so I'm not sure if it will do what I want.

Thanks,
Debbie
Post #: 1
RE: Please help with newly purchased Toshiba D-R5 - 4/23/2006 1:37:31 PM   
Antonio

Bookmarks is something like chapters, so when you record something you can go forward much easier. I don't know any of the other you mentioned, sorry.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to Debbie2525)
Post #: 2
RE: Please help with newly purchased Toshiba D-R5 - 5/5/2006 7:06:30 AM   
emperor

probably there should be somehting like EDIT at the remote control in order to add chapters

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Please help with newly purchased Toshiba D-R5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI