CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1523 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/8/2006 2:38:22 PM   
hrvo

hello all

when i do burn video dvds i usually do at 4x. I use verbatim -rw 16x dvd media.i could burn on my old nec on 4x and now i get LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S and minimum speed that i could burn on verbatim medias is 6x and higher.i frash my lite-on with new firmware and still no 4x.

Is it safe to burn dvd videos on 6x because i did 8x when i didn't know and dvd were damaged.

tnx alot

hrvo
Post #: 1
RE: Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/8/2006 3:03:41 PM   
Antonio

The burning speeds are determined from the firmware. Your media are certified for 16X and you want to burn then at 4X or 6X? I wouldn't suggest the 6X...

According to cdrinfo's review your drive burns excellent those 16X Verbatim at 16X.

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=15954&PageId=12

If you had a failure at 8X, it might be to a faulty disc. Try again and measure the discs error levels. If they are high then stick at 16X.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to hrvo)
Post #: 2
RE: Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/9/2006 6:31:21 AM   
hrvo

tnx for you answer. i was talking about dvd video burning, it's ok with data i do 12x or 16x, but if i burn video at 16x it will not work for sure, i used to burn all video at 4x and data at 8x and 12 x, now i need to burn video at 6x minumum and i read here (i think) that video dvds need to be burned at low speeds.

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/9/2006 7:16:14 AM   
Antonio

Different writing quality for data and other for video? This is digital recording and everything is 0 and 1 no matter the content or format.

Personaly never had problems at 16X with my Plextor and TY.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to hrvo)
Post #: 4
RE: Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/9/2006 9:53:24 AM   
hrvo

Yes different burning speeds. When i rent some movie and i wnat to burn it (after i shrink it i always do 4x (6x now) and never 12x or 16 x because it will not work ok when i watch it.;-)

I hope you understand my problem because you think there is no problem and it is ;-)

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 5
RE: Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/9/2006 12:05:51 PM   
Antonio

Since you own a LiteOn you can patch the firmware and add the 8X speed with the media you have. LTNFlash will help you backup your current firmware while Omnipacher to patch it. If you cannot do this with this try using the MediaCodeSpeed Edit.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to hrvo)
Post #: 6
RE: Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim - 2/9/2006 4:48:19 PM   
MP3Mogul

I always burn at 8x.... never had a problem, quality of the scans ranges from 95-97 percent.....

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy >> Lite-ON dvd video copy on verbatim Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI