CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 863 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/3/2004 8:07:21 AM   
StrawBoy

This is for anyone with knowledge (so ya gotta be smart)

Alright, does anyone know anything about the ps2 slide card swap

trick set? Is it any good, anyone who has feedback, i would very much

appreciate it, i have been to sites and looked at it, and it just

seems too good to be true, so again, any information anyone has

would be very much appreciated.

thank you
#13 steve
Post #: 1
RE: ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/3/2004 11:43:08 AM   
Tron

I have been told that the slidecard method is not a good idea. That it can damage the unit. It even sounds a little dangerous when you read their sight as to how you do it. It is up to you, but I think the modchip method is the way to go....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to StrawBoy)
Post #: 2
RE: ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/3/2004 10:22:26 PM   
StrawBoy

Ok, thank you Tron, I knew their had to be a catch. Yes, I did look

at the directions, and they seemed quite complicated, but I do not

have the option of another mod-chip. I guess I'm just going to have

to be extra careful in dealing with my ps2.

How Much Wood Could A Woodchuk Chuck If A Woodchuk Could Chuck Wood?

(in reply to StrawBoy)
Post #: 3
RE: ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/9/2004 5:23:17 AM   
mekadur

Hi there...

Consider the following been personal experience with my own PS2 - as it seems that not all PS2's are created equal ( diff versions and all )

i have a PAL PS2 - i've purchased 6-8 months ago - the Slide Card and Swap Magic 2.0 Set ( a CD and DVD boot discs ) - my reason - only 20$ - no soldering whatsoever - and all is reverseible... - and undetectable... ( by games that is )

- in the first months... - i was able to boot - every PS2 CD Backup ( a real CD based game i.e. 632 MB CD )and 9 out of 13 DVD Backups
- the procedure of "Forcefully" opening the PS2 door and all - was frightening at first - but it is now - second nature...

as for the DVD Games that did not boot ( Soul Calibur II, Silent Hill 3, Burnout II, Splinter Cell ) - i've "discovered" a wondefull site called - www.SWAPMAGICFIX.com - from there i've downloaded a utility - which i've burnt and use as an extra "Swap" along the way - so in order to boot the "problematic" DVD games - i had to use - SM CD > CDLOADER ( the utility i've just mentioned" ) > SM DVD > BAckup -> all loaded - and Same as the originals!

as for the Common - DVD-rips Phenomena - i've attained great deal of such games - which are DVD Based games - ripped to 700MB CDs - NONE of them loaded with the Swap Magic CD ( SM CD ) 2.0 - but i've recemtly attained ( "got a hold off" ;) )Swap Magic CD 3.0 - so now i can SM CD 2.0 > SM CD 3.0 > "Special Boot Function" ( clicking on the Square button ) - after inserting the DVD -Rip - out of 32 Rips - i was able to run 15 ( and counting ) - i think that the ones that were not loaded - wither were poorly ripped or just Hoaxes! ( if you're looking for "real" DVD-rips - look for TLF, Kalisto, and others as The rippers...

All in all - i now have 15 DVD backups, 50 CD Backups ( or DVD Rips which were customized to be under 635MB limit ) and 15 DVD-rips - all working properly...

as for online gaming - Socom, Amplitude, NBA 2003 ( SEGA ) - all work flawlessly with my USB to LAN ( 12$ ) COnverter

the Modding made for this "Method" is delicate, but nonetheless - far less harming and intrusive than ripping the case open and soldering away...

things i cannot do with this method:
1. Play PS1 Backup Games ( thoug if you own n action replay CD - or something similiar you can use it... - or just wait for the Breaker Pro CD that just came out )
2. Using the PS2 Reality Player is possible - only if you burn the DIVX / MP3s / JPEGs CDs/DVDs with the app already - so it works - but not that great...

- as for Harming the Tray - i've been using this method for a very long time - i now perfom the longest swap in no more than 20-35 Seconds ( "Problematic DVDs if you recall )
and can do it in total dark... - i even messed up a few times with the Technique - and nothing happened....

on top of everything - if - heaven forbids :( - something does happen to my PS2 Optical Drive - Its repair - will not cost me an Arm and A leg - as if something went wrong with a modded PS2 - and that is by knowing and hearing people complain about overpriced reapir fees for modded consoles...

and for summary - the Games - it is now very easy to attain Full Games ( CD, DVD )and Backup you're own DVD GAMES - with a 100$ DVD-RW and Nero or something... -

and most importantly - modded systems - and Chips - can be ( and Are ) detected by more and more games - some chips can be Steakthed - but than what good are they ha?, some cannot even be "hidden"/"Turned off" leaving you at times with games / or online segments that may prevent you from entering GAmeplay - or hampering you're gameplay along the way... - and nearly none of themis reversible... it is there for a long time...
the Swap Magic on the other hand - now have a large - and growing community - that keep up with new games and updates - so all in all - with a low price tag - and reversible mod - i think i made one hel of a deal... ( not to mention that my PS2 is a second hand - never been used Console - that some sold me cause he needed the money - and it was for 200$ ( in Israel - it still - to this day cost 300 and more...

hope it answered just about every thing! - bye now

It's nice to be important
but it is more imp[ortant to be nice

(in reply to StrawBoy)
Post #: 4
RE: ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/10/2004 2:49:53 AM   
StrawBoy

WoW,

that was certainly a lot of information, I thank you for it all.

I have a mod-chip and i can play all CD backups and imports I want with no problems at all, the only reason i have got the SlideCard Magic was to play DVD backups.

I got it and i took the screw out, and in clipping off the front of the CD tray, I broke one of the holders, now were talking a very small inch by inch piece of plastic, I don't think it will affect the performance of the magic disks.

I have not tried it yet, because i have no DVD backups, but I am getting one soon. I don't think I will have any trouble doing this.

But you say you have had yours for 6 months, and it works just as it did when you first started. That makes me feel better about this whole operation, I just don't want to damage my ps2, my sister is not as careful as I would like her to be with it, so with her handling it, she has hurt it a lot, nothing specific just you know, bumps and knocks, and they all add up in the long run.

But thank you for all your information, and the website also.

#13 steve

How Much Wood Could A Woodchuk Chuck If A Woodchuk Could Chuck Wood?

(in reply to StrawBoy)
Post #: 5
RE: ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/10/2004 2:29:11 PM   
mekadur

Hi...

you have a modded PS2 - which cannot play DVD Backups - only CD BAckups ( and CD rips right? )?

1. if the SM DVD will work on your machine - it'll be great - and please inform me - as some guys on other forums have asked similiar questions - and couldn't answer them - because i don't know how the SM handles Modded COnsoles...

a way to check that your console along with the SM DVD works - is booting an original DVD game - with the swap method - if it does work - then you've got yourself a great thing... -

as for the info - you're welcome...

btw - what version of PS2 do you have?

bye for now

MEK

( BTW - i've ran some figures - it seems as i have this console for over a year - and the Swap magic stuff for more than 9 months... so - even better :))

It's nice to be important
but it is more imp[ortant to be nice

(in reply to StrawBoy)
Post #: 6
RE: ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? - 1/10/2004 8:09:24 PM   
gillesp

1) boot DVD/CDR backup disc
2) Wait till you see (Insert Disc)
3) Take your slide card and CATCH the pin.
4) Slide to open (bottom picture)
5) Put in DVD/CDR.
6) Push the tray back in
7) Take your slide card and CATCH the pin.
8) Use the slide card to close the pin. (bottom picture)

Slide Card
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1xay5/pics/Swipe-Card.gif

The Pin

Demonstration Videos
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/checkmate/Swap%20magic%20movie.wma

http://cliche.parameter.dk/click/6573d7da05682eeee6badf6a300b4d8d

http://cliche.parameter.dk/click/14840328ba87a8e4856d47a85e89e3c1

Contact me on AIM at gillespstrikesag if you are looking for one or you need help.

(in reply to StrawBoy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles >> ps2 slide card swap trick... anygood? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI