CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

downgraded fallout memory ?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1305 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> downgraded fallout memory ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
downgraded fallout memory ? - 12/8/2005 3:14:26 AM   
major9686

I bought 2 512mb ddr2 memory sticks 3 weeks ago ..
called aeneon .. now cpuzid told me its infineon so I thought .. ok .. but as I noticed the serial it was aeneon ..
now .. I checked the net and I found out that Aeneon is also belong to infineon but ..
its a failed in test .. downgraded .. fallout part ..
what does that mean ?
http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=218

can some1 explain this to me ?

Post #: 1
RE: downgraded fallout memory ? - 12/8/2005 3:26:03 AM   
Antonio

What is the setup for your memories? Speed and timings? Maybe if you try to set them from bios different to be ok.

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 2
RE: downgraded fallout memory ? - 12/8/2005 7:15:02 AM   
SiliconFreak

As far as I know...that means that this ram didnt meat all standards it was supposed to....i.e...maybe it didnt worked without problems at its standarized speeds/frequencies....or just had some other problems somewhere...so...although it isnt best suitable to be used in all systems (just imagine that they install such ram into some computer or device where life or death situation (or big loss of $$$ ) could occur if it fails...), but on the other hand....its not completely faulty...so it still could be used for some other devices/systems (like yours!? )....

I just hope you wont have any major problems with it...maybe its not best to OC it...and also I hope that you got it for fair (lower) price - so that at the end...even if it fails someday....you wont need to cry out loud....but will rather buy new ram....and maybe pay few $$$ more for really GREAT RAM! Again your choice to make....good luck and best wishes...

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
RE: downgraded fallout memory ? - 12/8/2005 7:22:45 AM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

As far as I know...that means that this ram didnt meat all standards it was supposed to....i.e...maybe it didnt worked without problems at its standarized speeds/frequencies....or just had some other problems somewhere...so...although it isnt best suitable to be used in all systems (just imagine that they install such ram into some computer or device where life or death situation (or big loss of $$$ ) could occur if it fails...), but on the other hand....its not completely faulty...so it still could be used for some other devices/systems (like yours!? )....

I just hope you wont have any major problems with it...maybe its not best to OC it...and also I hope that you got it for fair (lower) price - so that at the end...even if it fails someday....you wont need to cry out loud....but will rather buy new ram....and maybe pay few $$$ more for really GREAT RAM! Again your choice to make....good luck and best wishes...

if something happens to them ... I will sue the store and get new ones ..
its Aeneon DDR2 512MB 533Mhz 4-4-4-12    got 2 of these ..
:( bah .. I got them for fairly low price .. bah .. it sux .. :(
If I known it before I would have gotten some superb mem. sticks :(
how can I check them ? to test abit .. see how good are they .. if they are faulty ..

(in reply to SiliconFreak)
Post #: 4
RE: downgraded fallout memory ? - 12/8/2005 2:49:39 PM   
Antonio

Those are their default settings? Have you tried to set this in bios, instead of AUTO, I mean the timings?

salute proffessionista!

(in reply to major9686)
Post #: 5
RE: downgraded fallout memory ? - 12/8/2005 2:58:57 PM   
major9686

quote:

ORIGINAL: Antonio

Those are their default settings? Have you tried to set this in bios, instead of AUTO, I mean the timings?

I think that those timings are ok ..
but the question is how are they faulty at ?
isnt there any1 in here that knows what Im talkin about ?
knows about memories ?

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> downgraded fallout memory ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI