CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 DVD drive needs replacing   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1753 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 DVD drive needs replacing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 DVD drive needs replacing - 11/17/2005 12:43:26 PM   
gabbysdad

Hey all, I haven't been here in a while, but wanted to see if anyone could help recommend a DVD-ROM drive that I could use as a replacement for my dvd player (Cyberhome CH-DVD 500) loader that just died.

I was able to plug in my NEC 2500A into the dvd case in place of the dvd loader, and it was able to power up, which was the main problem I took it apart.  So I know that I will need a new DVD-ROM drive to fix it.

This is a backup player for me, but I want to keep it because it has a DTS encoder built in, as well as progressive scan.   Also, the player is region free which is the main reason I bought it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I do have many DVD-R and DVD+R discs that I would play on it.

Gabbysdad

Father of Brendan Chouinard (future NHL Hall of Fame'r)
Detroit, Michigan, United States of America
Post #: 1
RE: Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 DVD drive needs replacing - 11/17/2005 1:26:46 PM   
Antonio

I knew two good dvd-roms, the Asus 616P2 and the LiteOn 167. Unfortunately the new Asus is not as fast as the previous model. The 167 is not on the market anymore, unless is still in any shop, but the new 16P9S is good but there are no such many patched firmware as in case of 167 for faster reading. Cdrinfo has new dvd-rom reviews if you would like to have a look:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Home.aspx?ArticleTypeId=2&SubCategoryId=17

(in reply to gabbysdad)
Post #: 2
RE: Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 DVD drive needs replacing - 11/20/2005 4:34:06 PM   
emperor

Liteon drives will work o

(in reply to Antonio)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> Cyberhome CH-DVD 500 DVD drive needs replacing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI