CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1714 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 6/23/2006 12:13:54 AM   
guy_nero

I just installed nero 7.2.0.3b which uses version 2.0.5.2 of mp3PRO.dll and this version does not appear to be skipping.  I was having skipping problems with Nero 7.0.1.2.  But I noticed another problem, the beginning of the mp3 is getting clipped off...anyone else have this problem?  It is a very short part that gets cut off, maybe a split second.  I simply have to play the mp3 song from within Nero, this clipping effect gets transferred to the burned music CD.  I only noticed it because the song started with the artist talking so it is noticable that the beginning got clipped.  I noticed this with two songs that had talking at the begining. Anyone have any ideas?

(in reply to ksquare)
Post #: 129
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/4/2006 7:42:06 AM   
vinyl

This may be of interest.  I had problems with nero 7 audio skipping.  I used to have a turtle beach santa cruz sound card.  However, when I recently bought a new sound card, I uninstalled the old sound card drivers, installed my new sound card (echo gina 3g), and installed the new sound card drivers.  Now I no longer have problems with the audio skipping.  Maybe certain sound card and/or sound card drivers have problems with nero?  I don't know.  Maybe this will help.

(in reply to guy_nero)
Post #: 130
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/4/2006 2:42:04 PM   
Molotov

I had the exact same problem as everyone else with Nero 7 and audio skipping. I followed the examples from other posts on this board and replaced my mp3PRO.dll (2.0.5.2) with mp3PRO.dll (2.0.0.11). WORKS LIKE A CHARM!
Thank you to everyone on this board.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 131
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/4/2006 6:27:07 PM   
MP3Mogul

The new Nero released earlier this month 7.2.3.2b resolves the issue, it is no longer a problem.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to Molotov)
Post #: 132
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/10/2006 10:18:38 AM   
Lardy

Er...

Still a problem for me. I just upgraded my Nero Premium to version 7.2.3.2b with mp3PRO.dll (2.0.5.3) and the skipping returns. Replacing mp3PRO.dll with version 2.0.4.7 solves the problem as before.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 133
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/10/2006 11:54:07 AM   
Enygma

I was affected by this problem too, but was able to resolve it before visting this forum. My affliction, however, was not only cds skipping, but it would replace audio with silence towards the end of tracks as well. I tried un-installing and re-installing to the latest 6, and the problem persisted. When I checked into it, it seems that my comp. decided to keep the newer mp3pro.dll even after uninstalling. So I simply found another old mp3pro.dll and haven't had a single problem since.

(in reply to Clint)
Post #: 134
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/10/2006 5:05:08 PM   
montyferret

Well I recently installed the latest version of Nero on a new system and I am experiancing the same problems.

I'm going to try replacing the dll's tonight to see if that solves the problem.

Also to the person that gave up testing because he ran out of media, you don't actually need to burn to cd to create the problem.  When you drop files into the compilation window Nero decodes them at that point.  You can therefore play the files and hear the skips and even  view the audio wave in Neros editor and clearly see the gaps that are causing the skips.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Oh and just because it may not necessarily be a bug in Neros coding and is in fact a software/hardware conflict it is still a problem.  I burnt a audio cd with Windows Media Player v10 and the same cd with Nero.  The WMP cd plays fine, the Nero one skips.  To me that equals a problem with Nero that the developers need to find and fix.

< Message edited by montyferret -- 7/10/2006 5:09:13 PM >

(in reply to Enygma)
Post #: 135
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/10/2006 6:02:58 PM   
SithTracy

I guess I'd be curious about the sound card type and drivers... and possibly the video card in the system and drivers - not that it is related... I used to have several freaky problems with ATI drivers, that is why I use nVidia today... and as a note, I am having no probelms with Nero on my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe (nVidia nForce4 SLI chipset) using build in Realtek sound with nVidia drivers.

(in reply to montyferret)
Post #: 136
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/10/2006 8:45:18 PM   
bobberrific

I've searched near and far to fix this problem.  I get so angry when cd's skip.  I hate killing really good music with skips.  I almost punched my headunit in my car.

Copy and paste the below files into your audio plugins folder...I reuploaded this file, it is from GSXR from somewhere on this board.  I'm just so glad I found out the problem that I wanted to reupload it.

http://ramzal.com//upload_files/1171288617_mp3PRO_v6_Plugins.zip

(in reply to SithTracy)
Post #: 137
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/11/2006 4:31:28 AM   
montyferret

quote:

ORIGINAL: MP3Mogul

The new Nero released earlier this month 7.2.3.2b resolves the issue, it is no longer a problem.

I had downloaded this version from Aheads website in an effort to solve the problem but it didn't, so I must disagree with your comment.

I replaced the faulty dlls and all is working fine now.  I hope they fix this problem before their next release.

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 138
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/15/2006 3:30:16 PM   
Dok

I also installed the latest version of Nero 7.2.3.2b and the audio-cd skipping problems are still there.
I replaced mp3PRO.dll with version 2.0.2.1 and everything seems to work fine again.
I hope Ahead resolves this problem soon because it is *very* annoying. I'm wondering how many CDRs around the world have been wasted because of this glitch.

To all the new comers,

Here's the quick fix:
  1. Download the working mp3PRO.dll here
  2. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins
  3. Rename mp3PRO.dll to mp3PRO.old
  4. Extract your freshly downloaded mp3PRO.dll into that directory

That's it.
cheers

(in reply to montyferret)
Post #: 139
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/15/2006 6:51:03 PM   
MP3Mogul

Only a few have this problem while thousands do not.  There has to be something tied into drivers somewhere, and not the dll files, because they work fine for most people.  Nero said it was fixed, guess it's not for everyone.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to Dok)
Post #: 140
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 7/16/2006 10:16:14 PM   
jose_10000

Me too, just installed the latest version and the skipping problem was fixed.  And about the beginning being clipped off, I made an audio image CD of just a song, converted it to MP3 using a virtual drive and compared it to the original MP3 file.  The audio from the original file began at the 139 milisecond, while in the new file it began at the 166 milisecond, so there was no clipping. 

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 141
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/3/2006 9:12:35 AM   
bEnGaLi tHuG

Ive figured out my problem with skipping. Its conflicting with the drivers installed with iTunes. I uninstalled iTunes and the problem went away. But since installing iTunes again, its back. I need iTunes as I have an iPod so Im just using iTunes to burn the CD's now. I wonder how long it will take for Ahead to sort this issue out...

BTW, I have the latest version of Nero7 installed.

< Message edited by bEnGaLi tHuG -- 8/3/2006 9:35:43 AM >

Rummy

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 142
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/3/2006 12:38:58 PM   
robburne

Hi,

Just thought that I would report my problems with Nero 7. My audio CD's were skipping. I tried installing the various older dll's as insructed here but nothing worked.

Eventually I went back to Nero 6 but when I was burning CD's the window was still displaying the 'Ultra Buffer' logo which appeared under version 7. So I again uninstalled and this time deleted all of the plugins. Now under version 6 all works fine. The MP3PRO.DLL version is 2.0.3.0 by the way.

It seems version 7 has some issues!

Rob. 

(in reply to ksquare)
Post #: 143
RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 - 8/3/2006 6:55:59 PM   
MP3Mogul

If you would read the entire thread, you would see that only some users have this problem, while others have no problems at all.  I am certain there is a hardware compatability issue somewhere, although it seems as Nero has not found it quite yet.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to robburne)
Post #: 144
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: audio cd skipping with Nero 7 Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI