CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

divx (or avi) to dvd   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1366 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> divx (or avi) to dvd Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
divx (or avi) to dvd - 12/12/2003 10:23:55 AM   
jpcolin

hi,

I just finished my first dvd from a divx source, It works fine, I used tmpegenc (latest) and then tmpeg dvd author (latest) and finilay nero (latest) Chapters works fine, but the quality of the movie is not so good, can see pixelisation, wich was not present on the divx source, did i miss some settings in tmpegenc?
can someone help mee?
ps: source was about 700Mb, ouput file 4Gb

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 12/12/2003 2:24:19 PM   
sp

It seems a low-quality encoding engine, unless some other bug infiltrated your job.

WM # CI

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 2
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 12/15/2003 12:33:28 PM   
jpcolin

hi,

I used Tmepgenc (latest)
then tmpg dvd author
maybe is it in the settings of tmpg?

jpc

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 3
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 12/19/2003 7:09:48 PM   
sp

Is pixelation systematic? Occasional, might due to poor reading and not to the encoding.

In general, if your source is not well over 1 hour, re encoding to mpeg2 from a mpeg4 700MB source, should produce excellent results.

WM # CI

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 4
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 12/23/2003 4:33:36 PM   
jpcolin

pixelisation is systematic, during the all movie, the source is about 1h20 and +- 700mb, I used tmpgenc and it produced a 4000mb mpeg file, wich I authored with tmpeg dvd author, any suggestions?
today I launched another conversion with cucusoft, should take 15h, i'll check the result soon on my home dvd player wich i will have tomorow (sony dvp 930 Qs)
see ya

jpc

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 5
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 12/26/2003 2:47:44 AM   
sp

Let's hope this time things will be better...

WM # CI

(in reply to jpcolin)
Post #: 6
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 5/24/2004 4:58:59 AM   
zjmedia

Hi,
Maybe you can try the software named WinAVI Video Converter http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm. It is a complete solution for video file converting and burning. It can convert avi to dvd in 60 minutes with stunning video quality. In fact, after trying numerous methods most of which are crap I happened across to wonderful pieces of software that helped me convert my avi film to dvd。
First off what you need to understand is that converting any format to any other format takes time, it is a 60 minutes process!!! The quickest I have seen it is the one I am going to show you now.

Lily

(in reply to sp)
Post #: 7
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 5/24/2004 10:38:26 PM   
slugworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: zjmedia

Hi,
Maybe you can try the software named WinAVI Video Converter http://www.winavi.com/video-converter.htm. It is a complete solution for video file converting and burning. It can convert avi to dvd in 60 minutes with stunning video quality. In fact, after trying numerous methods most of which are crap I happened across to wonderful pieces of software that helped me convert my avi film to dvd。
First off what you need to understand is that converting any format to any other format takes time, it is a 60 minutes process!!! The quickest I have seen it is the one I am going to show you now.

Lily

The link is dead....

(in reply to zjmedia)
Post #: 8
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 6/11/2004 4:03:38 AM   
nedix

it's not dead ... it just has a "dot" at the end
i burnes a video project from divx to dvd using only Nero Vision Express (with the MPEG2DVD plugin installed) and the conversion took about 3:40 hrs ... 1min. divx = 1min. real time
for now it works fine .... i have to test it in different DVD units

PS : i was able to do some menus in Nero, not something fancy but... you know...

(in reply to slugworth)
Post #: 9
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 6/14/2004 4:08:45 AM   
nedix

i tried to convert with winavi but at the bottom of the image it appears something nasty ... it doesn't show right
anyone knows something about this ?

(in reply to nedix)
Post #: 10
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 9/14/2004 7:57:18 AM   
so_ber

quote:

ORIGINAL: zjmedia

Hi,

Lily

I totally agree - I've tried ALL the poplular authoring/encoding tools out there and , for me ,
WINAVI has been the best so far.Its certainly the quickest.

It lacks in things like menus but if you just want straightforward conversions then try it.

(in reply to zjmedia)
Post #: 11
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 9/15/2004 5:26:43 AM   
TheMistifier

I have used a couple of different methods, and WinAvi is by far the easiest. One program, a couple of clicks and its converting, not like other methods which use 3 or more separate programs and then you have to build them all together. I have had very good results using winavi, but its not the best you could get. It’s a compromise between ease of use and end quality, and I can live with the end result, some people may not.

Have a look on http://www.videohelp.com/ there is just about everything covered in the field of DVD - guides, downloads etc

Hope this helps.

(in reply to so_ber)
Post #: 12
RE: divx (or avi) to dvd - 9/28/2004 11:13:23 PM   
No Clue

quote:

ORIGINAL: nedix

it's not dead ... it just has a "dot" at the end
i burnes a video project from divx to dvd using only Nero Vision Express (with the MPEG2DVD plugin installed) and the conversion took about 3:40 hrs ... 1min. divx = 1min. real time
for now it works fine .... i have to test it in different DVD units

PS : i was able to do some menus in Nero, not something fancy but... you know...
Does WinAVI need Nero Express to burn a DVD? Last night I purchased WinAVI and thought it was a complete solution to burn a DVD. WinAVI converted my AVI files to DVD no problem but when I click the "burn" key in my WinAVI application, it launches a Nero Express application that came bundled with my Sony DVD burner. I tried to disable Nero Express without success, so ultimately I had to uninstall Nero so that I could use WinAVI's burn application.

WinAVI *seemed* to burn successfully without Nero. It even popped up a dialogue box that said "burn successful". Unfortunately, I can't get the DVD to work in either my PC or home DVD machine. Does anyone know if WinAVI can burn a DVD on its own or does it need to use Nero?

Also, when I checked the folder that WinAVI created during the AVI to DVD conversion process it had created 5 files:

Video_TS
VTS_01_0.IFO
Video_TS.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_0

Do all 5 files get burned to the DVD or just the VOB file?

Thanks for any help you can lend!

p.s. I emailed WinAVI support, i.e. zjmedia, last night and got an autoresponse saying they were on holiday until October 8

(in reply to nedix)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video >> divx (or avi) to dvd Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI