CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Nero Express hangs   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1375 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero Express hangs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/27/2003 4:34:11 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Right I am getting Sick of you whining I will warn you now if you carry on with the Childish Behaviour and Flamming Staff I will Personally delete all your posts and eventually you will get banned !!!
Our Forum is here to help people not for people to belly ache because someone has deleted some of your posts whoever deleted it must have had a good reason or it would have never happened !!!
If you don't like the way the Forum is run I suggest you go some where else then and as I say this is your last Warning about slagging the Staff and our Forum off we will not put up with this so either use the Forum as it is intended or stand the consequences !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 33
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/28/2003 12:45:03 AM   
MP3Mogul

As for the real issues? I thought the thread was simply

"NERO EXPRESS HANGS"

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 34
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/28/2003 4:42:33 AM   
grol

And Nero Express is still hanging. No solution as yet. Might try a install of '98 over top of itself. Perhaps doing this might give me the correct system files.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 35
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/28/2003 5:12:33 AM   
Laffin Assassin

Well it has got to be worth a try !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 36
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/28/2003 5:51:39 AM   
MP3Mogul

Grol,

Right, back to the solution, and the most important part of the thread. I am thinking that perhaps this will resolve your issue, while I hate to "EVER" suggest an OS reinstall/fresh install, I am thinking that perhaps in your case, this will resolve the issue.

If this is the road that you follow down, please report back and let us know the resolve in your issue........

Thank you.........

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 37
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/28/2003 6:17:18 AM   
grol

I know that a fresh install will cure it. But for how long? I did a reinstall on an identical system, and Nero worked. However, I am not wanting to do this on my machine, because I am certain I have isolated a bug in Nero. Running Dependancy Walker on Nero Express shows some interesting stuff. When the error occurs, Nero gets stuch in an infinite loop of calling the system, but getting the wrong reply. I would really like to help the Nero team replicate the issue, rather than destroy the evidence of.

My customer is identical machine and identical problem, and it's easier to debug and send info from my pc, than my customers. I can't reinstall OS on their machine yet. I expect to hear back from Ahead about one email, then I may just reinstall OS on my machine. For my customer, perhaps try Nero 6.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 38
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/28/2003 2:41:05 PM   
sp_admin

It seems I am the only one here shouting, and, as it seems, shouting out loudly in the desert...
It happens at this time to be me who carries on the responsibilities of the admin for this forum. There were others before me and certainly new persons from our team will follow soon.

A good forum is the community aspect of a web-site. People go there for getting solutions to their problems and others try to help them into achieving this. Both strive towards a common end, or at least should do so.

Internet is based on new and better uses of communication and leads to open and more free relations among humans. Information has come to be expected free and the participation of persons on open forums largely follows this same approach.
We have been experiencing a new degree of democracy worldwide, unheard off a few years ago.

Democracy, in our case, requires persons of different skills to obey certain rules. These should be the same for everyone. The most experienced and the least. The more and the less powerful. This should not be considered as an act of pity. It is true generosity in its outmost and plain logic at the bottom-end.

I understand not everyone will agree with me on my approach. I expect persons will always react this way. But I also expect that some users among the most knowledgeable among us will give at least some try. I regret not seeing it to the degree I would like to.

Below I will express my personal beliefs on how a good forum should be run.

As a reader I would like others to protect my freedom. And I would be the first one to criticize myself whenever braking the barriers or rules. As a moderator I would show myself generous enough to overcome the annoyances emanating from poor or unlucky user postings. In this case I have the power. I should devote more care on how to exercise it.

I know how difficult it is to react gracefully when you believe you are being under unfair attack. But I think there is no point, either being in the first or second of the above positions, to intimidate others in a pursuit of a personal, and from this aspect selfish, “victory”.

This topic has largely come out of its initial purpose.

I lock this forum for 48 hours in order to give each and all of us some time to cool down and see things under the prism of community and not self esteem.
I take full responsibility myself for everything bad said or done here.
Please let me be the only one to be blamed.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 39
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/2/2003 10:06:27 PM   
sp_admin

Let us all hope there will be no such incident in the future.
Let's keep this thread intact as a memoire of our continuous will to move forward. And let's prove this by our everyday's actions...

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 40
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/2/2003 10:29:09 PM   
grol

No response from Nero techies as yet. However, Dependancy Walker shows that the program is hanging when it tried to access mydocs.dll. It is trying to open in explorer window in My Documents, but getting a different response from mydocs.dll than expected or something to that extent. It just keeps calling it over and over until I kill it.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 41
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/3/2003 1:12:21 AM   
MP3Mogul

Grol, when Craig drops in, perhaps he can lend some insight on the problem you are facing.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 42
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/3/2003 8:12:35 PM   
CCampbell

quote:
Originally posted by grol

No response from Nero techies as yet. However, Dependancy Walker shows that the program is hanging when it tried to access mydocs.dll. It is trying to open in explorer window in My Documents, but getting a different response from mydocs.dll than expected or something to that extent. It just keeps calling it over and over until I kill it.

I'm afraid we are not having any luck in duplicating this issue. I have tried numerous computers, and even built one from scratch to try and duplicate this issue as closely as possible. But no matter what we do, we are unable to duplicate this.

We think it's something unique to your system, and only your system is able to duplicate this issue. We've gone over all our past bug reports looking for some similarity between them and your reported issue, but nothing comes close to matching the symptoms.

I hate to say this, but we have reached a dead-end in trying to duplicate this issue, in order to resolve it.

Our Engineers can only suggest what others have suggested here, and that is a fresh install of the OS. [V]

We are sorry we were not able to properly assist you with this. We have on Tech who will continue working on this when possible. But we must take the others off this issue. Sorry.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 43
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/3/2003 9:33:16 PM   
grol

quote:
We think it's something unique to your system, and only your system is able to duplicate this issue. We've gone over all our past bug reports looking for some similarity between them and your reported issue, but nothing comes close to matching the symptoms.

Thanks anyways Craig. The problem is not unique to my pc though, my customer is having identical problems at their premises. Same OS, mainboard, nero, cdrw. Anyways, will move onto other solutions. Thanks anyways. :-)

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 44
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/3/2003 11:00:55 PM   
MP3Mogul

Grol,

mydocs.dll is a windows system32 system file, and it is unrelated to Nero (as an integral part of Nero) It is suspect that you will either need to reinstall Windows, or perhaps, if you know how, you can extract a fresh copy of mydocs.dll from the windows cab files.

Nero access this file, to use it's explorer type menu, and there seems to be an issue with your file. I will even email you a copy of mydocs.dll from my system, if you do not know how to extract it from a cab file.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 45
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/3/2003 11:15:46 PM   
grol

Thanks dude, but I already used SFC to restore the file from my cabs. I suspect a recent Windows/IE6 update screwed this on both systems, as both systems had Nero working at one stage, and then overnight stopped working. Both computers on separate premises. Both have IE6. And a repair of IE6, doesn't fix.

Perhaps for an experiment, I might reinstall Windows on my own pc, then get Nero working, and then try IE6 again and see if I can get things to break again - one update at a time.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 46
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/4/2003 2:15:03 AM   
MP3Mogul

Please let us know how the install on your system goes.... as it does seem to boil down to that one file. I have all the IE updates on my system, and it has been unaffected, and as you can see Ahead cannot even duplicate the problem.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 47
RE: Nero Express hangs - 11/5/2003 12:05:43 AM   
grol

I have figured it all out now. I installed Nero 6 from my friends serial to test it - same problem!!!!

So I reinstalled 5.5 again and continued searching. Here is what I found. I found 1299 files in my My Documents folder that were of a .IDX extension. eg: CAD0.IDX and SA61.IDX all with sequential numeric file names. I also found four other files: cdbidxl.dat. necdb.dat, nettrkdb.dat, tdbidxl.dat.

I am not sure if these files are benign or not, but moving them all to trash, fixed the problem. I mean, when I click the "Add" button now, it hangs for 5 - 10 seconds, and then finally the Explorer window of My Documents appears. Can now burn a cd.

Perhaps there is something weird about how Nero Express 5.5/6 calls
the MyDocs.dll. Maybe it keeps calling when My Documents is being
busy or something.

Anyways, deleting these files has fixed things, although a 5 -10 seconds pause doesn't seem right. Using Nero Burning Rom (full version) doesn't have this problem, as it opens to an Explorer window already.

But, anyways, interesting how both Nero Express 5.5 and 6 are basically the same software underneath.

This would also explain why I never had a problem with my old cd burner,as I had a full Nero Burning Rom 5.5 with this burner, and only Nero Express had this issue.

I will try the same on my customers pc, and let you all know.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 48
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero Express hangs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI