CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Nero Express hangs   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1392 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero Express hangs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 12:26:35 AM   
MP3Mogul

Thanks Craig, as I said Ahead does "GREAT" work... enough said.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 17
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 1:20:28 AM   
grol

Thanks Craig. My faith in Ahead has now been restored. If no solution is available for me, it might pay for me to try Nero 6 Suite. There are some retailers selling reasonably cheap in my country.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 18
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 2:06:09 AM   
MP3Mogul

Grol,

That is good to hear! I have been working with PC's for over 20 years, and I have seen alot of companies, but you will not see ANOTHER that supports their products like Ahead!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 19
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 2:32:11 AM   
Laffin Assassin

See Grol thats what you get for comming to Our Forum Good Service especially from Craig and David from Ahead !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 20
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 2:53:17 AM   
Laffin Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by rabbit

With that said, I have tried to duplicate your issue with 3 systems that have Widnows 98SE system. I pulled the Nero Info Tool info and the 'Dependency Walker data file' and used this to as closely as possible duplicate your system configuration. But in all instances, it works without errors.
: ).

I don't know which Moderator you have been upsetting but if you start causing trouble I will delete ALL your posts so I suggest you start to use the Forum as it was meant to be used also I am asking you once to change that Stupid Signature and quit the Childish skits if you want to carry on posting on Our Forum !!!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 21
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 3:32:19 AM   
MP3Mogul

I agree.... why would you have such a signature? We are trying to "educate" the users of the board, the signature that you have adopted, is a little "off beat" with the good values, and principles of the board. If this is the best you can do, then perhaps, you should either A) delete the signature.... or B) find another board to post on.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 22
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 4:42:41 AM   
grol

Have I missed something here? Who has an offensive signature? I certainly never set one up. Or is this a running gag?

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 23
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 4:52:07 AM   
MP3Mogul

This is not a gag and "GROL" this was not directed to you....... and nor with the "Admins" nor the "Mods" of this board as they do not take such a flamboyant approach to responses from, nor to users.

I have been with this board for "quite" sometime.... there are some mods, and users that have been here longer, but I cannot condone such a response from a user such as we are in reference to.

This board, has ALWAYS been, and ALWAYS will be, about trying to help the end user, posting on the board, and I do not think that you will find a post, other than a bit of humor that does not support this theorm.

If the best that a user can do, is to condem, and to post "spam" type messages, perhaps he should join the "other" guys..... as they are very good at it.

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 24
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 5:04:10 AM   
grol

(grol breathes a sigh of relief)

Thanks for your tips and help guys. I will post back if I have some news or breakthru. :-)

Peace.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 25
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 5:15:25 AM   
Laffin Assassin

You are always welcome here grol along with anyone else who follows our rules and respects Our Staff !!!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 26
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 6:28:59 AM   
rabbit

grol: sorry for starting the riot in your thread.

as for the mod comment/signature: deleting posts with NO EXPLANATION usually is not a good thing and that is why problems arise.

laffin assassin wrote:
I don't know which Moderator you have been upsetting

well, i didn't know which moderator it was either but since you don't know, i guess it wasn't you. and there is one other moderator i'm pretty sure i can rule out so that leaves ... :-).

but for those who don't know, moderator or whoever, perhaps you should wait for both sides of the story before just assuming. in any case, since on any type of internet boards, the Moderators can never be "wrong", i guess i have to accept the blame :-).

as i tried to mention before (but was muzzled :-)), advising someone to upgrade their OS isn't the solution to this problem. in fact, it is just bad advice. reinstalling the OS maybe, but upgrading the OS?

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 27
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 12:34:23 PM   
grol

Actually, I have to agree here. Reinstalling Windows 98 SE will definitely fix my problem - so OS is not the issue. I reinstalled OS on an identical pc, and Nero worked. However, for my customer, a reinstall of OS is not an option (well not right now), as they have proprietary software that is installed. This specialized software can only be installed by the firm who wrote it, and they charge through the nose for call outs. Stupid scenario, but hey, their decision. However, it appears that a system file has got replaced with a version not compatible with Nero. Nero is waiting for a reply from shell32 but no reply. I suspect a recent WindowsUpdate, as two pcs exhibit the same issue at same time now. Both have always been regularly updated online. Both had Nero previously working. Anyways, all other software works fine, so to upgrade OS just to get Nero working is overkill and unnecessary. But I thank everyone for giving their time and suggestions. That's what makes this internet thing work, eh? May God really bless you all!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 28
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 1:56:59 PM   
sp_admin

I did not try to intimidate any user.
My suggestion was based on plain reasons of stability, because I thought, and I do think, that any MS OS after Win2000 is far more stable than the Win95/98/Me family of OS's.
So, I believed that our friend's problems would have been resolved much faster had he been using a newer OS.
And I knew that this might not be the best option, or it might not be an option at all. Hence the questionmark in my original post. Period.

Mods are responsible for all the good job that is being done here in order to help other readers of our community. According to our rules, they also have the necessary responsibility for keeping everything clean and transparent.

CdrInfo.com is perhaps the only user community web site that NEVER attacked anyone working in the same or in a parallel area of technology.
We allow users to link to other similar web sites. We do this today, and we will always allow this to take place. Even when we are under a constant and unfair attack.

For all these reasons, I encourage all of our readers to help our moderators to keep up with this difficult job they are doing.
I think there should be no place for flames among us. We do have other more important things to do. And trust me, soon everyone will realise (once again) that CdrInfo.com is indded the leader when it comes to technical accuracy and scientific knowledge on the subject of optical storage and the related technologies.

Let us all stand above and over every bad attitude we consider other posters might have adopted. Let us face the real issues and all act together in order to achieve our goals, either on the personal level or community-wide...

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 29
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 4:21:20 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Well said SP I have nothing to add you have said it all !!!

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 30
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/25/2003 10:23:09 PM   
MP3Mogul

Very much agreed!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 31
RE: Nero Express hangs - 10/27/2003 3:58:44 AM   
rabbit

Let us face the real issues and all act together in order to achieve our goals, either on the personal level or community-wide...

Right, and the real issue here is:
Moderators who nuke posts WITHOUT explanation. And it was not once, but TWICE!

Maybe this is not important to you guys but I think any user would want to know why their posts were nuked or edited. As mentioned before, no explanations just end up creating problems and if personal free time is a factor in not writing a warning then a person should not agree to being a moderator in the first place.

(in reply to grol)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> RE: Nero Express hangs Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI