CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

DL DVD PLAYER   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1983 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> DL DVD PLAYER Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DL DVD PLAYER - 7/12/2005 11:00:32 PM   
zazzhere

I have been burning dl dvd's and they don't work on my player. I am using a LACIE burner and I am using Toast 6 for burning. I was reading where you would burn it to dvd rom but that is for data on toast. Can anyone tell me what is a good player that will play dl dvd's and if there is a way that I could burn dvd's so that it will play on my player. I have an IMAC G5 (PANTHER).

ARNOLD
Post #: 1
RE: DL DVD PLAYER - 7/13/2005 1:46:56 AM   
Iggy

When you burn a DVD+R DL media as DVD-ROM only the booktype is different. If the burning process ends with a coaster this cannot be avoided this way.

A newer firmware for your burner would be a first solution. If you continue to have problems then get a different media brand.

As for players, my Pioneers can play flawessly all the DL I have burn with DVD-ROM booktype. I haven't try the opposite since the media are expensive and I don't have money for tests.

(in reply to zazzhere)
Post #: 2
RE: DL DVD PLAYER - 7/13/2005 2:34:12 AM   
zazzhere

Are you saying to click on Data in toast and then check DVD-ROM to burn a movie.

Arnold

(in reply to zazzhere)
Post #: 3
RE: DL DVD PLAYER - 7/13/2005 4:01:12 AM   
Iggy

I mean that the writing failures you get is not a booktype issue. DVD-ROM booktype will increase only the compatibility. 

(in reply to zazzhere)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> DL DVD PLAYER Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI