CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Nero 6.0.0.11   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 951 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero 6.0.0.11 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/8/2003 7:19:20 PM   
edgar28

Anyone tried this ?
any good ?
Post #: 1
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/8/2003 10:13:00 PM   
MP3Mogul

Yes, no problems to report yet!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 2
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/8/2003 11:15:48 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Well, there *ARE* problems, but they are being worked on. Nothing particularily major though

Canada; Leading the world in being just north of the U.S.A.

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 3
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/8/2003 11:26:08 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I am using it without any Problems the same as MP3Mogul !!!

Speaking Without Thinking, Is Like Shooting Without Aiming !!!

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 4
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 6:19:09 AM   
edgar28

i had the problem that the nero can't detect the burning is error until verification

compare to 5.5.9.17 (doesn't dare to upgrade until someone told nme nero 6 is good)

as i upgrade b4 from 5.5.1.8 to 5.5.4.0 (everything like hell to me, stated burn successful but all cds become coaster and i never verify it as i though it as stable as older version)

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 5
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 10:06:26 AM   
Tron

I have been using it for days, and I love it. Great program, no issues here either....

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 6
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 10:27:07 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Most of the problems I've seen reported have to do with Nero Vision Express, which I personally refuse to touch after my initial experiences with it. Maybe I'll look into it again later when I've seen that they've fixed it to a useable level.

Nero 6 Burning Rom is not much different from version 5.5 if you ask me. Mainly GUI modifications, and a few minor additions. The most notable is the MiniDVD CD-R format. It still has buggy overburning, but it appears to have resolved the issue of the unusual buffer under run errors, where Nero would be unable to read from the hardrive fast enough to burn faster then 24x or even 12x sometimes! The most annoying thing about that bug is that is inconsistant.

Neither I, nor Nero (it appears) have been able to figure out what is the reason behind the overburning bug, which on some systems will consistantly not allow any overburning what so ever, regardless of the proper settings, and hardware.

So like I said, not perfect, there *are* bugs still, but nothing major. Just don't use Nero Vision Express!

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 7
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 1:59:38 PM   
Tron

Even used Nero Vision Express with no issues, but I will say that I use other software for this, so Nero Vision Express probably wont get used much on my system......

"Respect our forum, other users, and our staff.... have a good time!"

CDR-INFO

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 8
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 2:18:34 PM   
Laffin Assassin

Same here Tron I think it is time Dolphin got a Decent Computer !!!

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 9
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 6:59:28 PM   
Dolphinius_Rex

There have been mnay reports of bugs in Nero Vision Express so far, and even Ahead has verified that they are working on fixing them.

Here are some links to a few topics at CDRLabs.com regarding some of the bugs in NVE2:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12025
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11970
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11899&start=0

Here's some bugs in Nero 6 Burning Rom I missed:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11841
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11966
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12028
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11830

As for *my* experiences with Nero Vision Express 2, I made a short VCD out of a dolphin movie clip I had. It ran about 5min, so it was nice and quick. Nero Vision Express did a good job converting it, I'm not annoyed over that, although I still prefer TMPEG. I went to burn the VCD and found it would only let me burn at maximum speed! ??? so I bit the bullet and hit okat anyways, since it was just an experiment. I burned the VCD, and it completed successfully. The quality of the burn was lower then I wanted, since I had to burn the media faster then it's optimal burn speed, but it was still completely readable. I went to Nero Show Time to play the VCD and it was choppy to the point of being unwatchable. Both the video and the audio cut in and out constantly, and I was very unimpressed. I then tested the disc with PowerDVD and it played fine.

I remember having some other reservations about Nero Vision Express as well, but can't quite put my finger on them. Regardless, Nero Showtime is the worst media player I've seen! And I've used Windows Media Player Series 9! [xx(]

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 10
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 11:28:17 PM   
MP3Mogul

Well I read all the links that were posted, it personally looks like install problems. I have done all the things that they "couldn't" do without any problems at all! I burned a VCD, Nero let be burn it at "whatever" speed I chose, no problem there, also Nero Show Time played the clip without incident, no choppy video, no sound loss. I can't duplicate any of the problems being experienced?

As for the media player, I have already removed it, I must agree with you Dolphinius, I'm not impressed with it, it's basically featureless, but a start, perhaps this can grow as Nero does, who knows? I'll stick to MusicMatch for my player!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 11
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 11:49:28 PM   
Laffin Assassin

I have also not got problems with any of the Issue's he mentions on the Other Forum so I also think it is an Installation Issue or the system's at Fault !!!
And something else I noticed it is just a few of vertualy the same people with problems so what does that tell you !!!

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 12
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/9/2003 11:59:41 PM   
Laffin Assassin

But I will agree with you both about the Nero Media Player !!!
But who needs it if you have Windows XP !!!

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 13
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/10/2003 1:40:53 AM   
Dolphinius_Rex

Many of the problems I've seen from Nero 5.5 were only recreatable on a few systems. That problem with overburning is a good example! I've gone toe to toe with that problem more times then I'd like to count and I still can't figure out why some systems just won't do it. Being I used to do tech support for 99min media, it distresses me greatly!

I'm just happy *my* system has never had a problem with it

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 14
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/10/2003 4:50:24 PM   
Matthew

Well - I bought a cheap retail and went for the upgrade - collected 6.0.0.9 , but then 6.0.0.11 came out - on current standings, I think I might wait until at least the next update before jumping in - got some upgrades to do, and I need it trustworthy!

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 15
RE: Nero 6.0.0.11 - 8/11/2003 8:05:47 AM   
rabbit

compare to 5.5.9.17 (doesn't dare to upgrade until someone told nme nero 6 is good)

funny, that happens to be the same version i installed. can't remember why i chose that version ... probably because of others' comments. works fine for me too :-).

i just use burning ROM to make regular ISO9660 CDs or audio CDs so i don't think it is worth my while to upgrade even if someone gave me nero 6 for free. i don't do HDD backups or use it to copy CD images.

(in reply to edgar28)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Nero 6.0.0.11 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI