CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How to play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disks in Windows Media Player 9.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1769 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> How to play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disks in Windows Media Player 9. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disks in Windows... - 4/22/2005 9:34:29 AM   
DVD novice

You can play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disc in most DVD-Rom / DVD Writers.

This quick guide is for those of you that don't yet have any VR Mode compatible DVD playing software. This is a basic trick to allow you to play your recording on most recent PC's / Laptops that play DVD-Video.

Please note that this doesn't play the Playlist it only plays the Original recording.

If you load your finalized disc in your drive, select the Drive in My Computer and then go into File / Explore.
You should then have the root folder called "DVD_RTAV" in which you will find 3 files "VR_MOVIE.vro","VR_MANGR.ifo" and "VR_MOVIE.bup".

Copy file "VR_MOVIE.vro" to your PC at the same time RENAMING IT and changing the original '.vro' extension to '.mpg'

You should have now resaved your "VR_MOVIE.vro" as "NAMEOFFILM.mpg". This file should now play in Windows Media player 9.

Although this has the file extension .mpg and this is sufficent for Windows Media Player its not a true mpeg file and doesn't appear to work in my DVD editing software.

This should also work for DVD-RAM as long as you have a PC Drive that reads RAM. (Please note that not all drives that can read RAM take the RAM Disks in Caddies.)

< Message edited by DVD novice -- 4/22/2005 9:36:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: How to play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disks in Win... - 4/22/2005 2:40:43 PM   
Iggy

Very nice information dude, thank you.

(in reply to DVD novice)
Post #: 2
RE: How to play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disks in Win... - 6/19/2005 2:14:49 PM   
gcrawdad

Great tip, thanks. I just got a Sony DVD101 camcorder and recorded in Video mode on a Memorex mini DVD-RW but could not play it on a Dell 8200 DVD player. I copied the file to my desktop, changed the extension to .mpg as you suggest and - it played! - using WM Player 10. A little quirky here and there, but what do you want, perfection? I do wonder, though, if I use some other brand of DVD, if it would just play automatically.

< Message edited by gcrawdad -- 6/19/2005 2:18:34 PM >

(in reply to DVD novice)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Consumer Electronics] >> BD, DVD Players/Recorders >> How to play a finalized DVD-RW VR Mode disks in Windows Media Player 9. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI