CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1116 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 4/13/2005 4:57:50 AM   
fernandes

Happy consumer? not in this case..
Yesterday, after much thought, I went off to buy a new CPU+Mobo+a small amount of Ram.
Thus, it came to pass :P and I ended up carrying boxes and cases to my home..holding in my hands an Asus A8V Deluxe, an AMD 3500 and a Jetway dim 512 @ 400.
I didn't know till later that that would be my "demise".
I set up all of my hardware in my new box, and after a while i went on with my first boot.
Well...that didn't work as i expected. The unit did actually start but the monitor wouldn't..insisted in giving me the yello signal led...insted of the green one.
What could be wrong here?
I used lots of combinations and settings with my unit..different Graph cards and dims, even different monitors.

no result there. my bet is that the AGP slot is done for..any suggestions? well by now i think the techs will be looking through my stuff, since at first light i gathered the thing and went straight to the vendor i purchased it from.

< Message edited by fernandes -- 4/13/2005 5:26:24 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 4/13/2005 9:20:22 AM   
Iggy

Have you tried all possibilities? I did a little search and I fount out this motherboard has an issue with a single dimm. Try to install it in all different slots since I don't remember correctly which one is the correct, maybe the B1.

I hope this to help you.

(in reply to fernandes)
Post #: 2
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 4/13/2005 9:38:35 AM   
fernandes

grrrr..damn those little Ninjas..yep ur right Mr.Iggy, i did the little search of yours, and found out that the dimm caused all the problems and the temper problem i, now eventually have...
A little weird this bug though..only a line of faq in their site, and no warning from the vendor i purchased this...next time better be more carefull..

ps: i've been hanging out here and finally got me answer m8ty grats to u and to me too :)) happy i can go and put my new computorz in use now :)

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 4/14/2005 1:48:38 AM   
Iggy

Well done then, enjoy your new system.

(in reply to fernandes)
Post #: 4
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 5/19/2005 8:20:58 PM   
goku0101

I am having the same problem. I can only use one stick of ram right now and thats in that one slot. How do I fix that? are the other 3 no good? UGGG!!! HELP!!!

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 5
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 5/20/2005 3:03:19 AM   
eleajar

fernandes, you did solve your problems, but you didn't mentioned how

do you care sharing the solution with us as well?

Please, excuse my english. I am Italian

(in reply to goku0101)
Post #: 6
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 5/20/2005 6:01:43 AM   
fernandes

Hey goku0101, i've found sth that might help u, take a look here http://www.asus.com/support/faq/faqmodel.aspx?ModelName=A8V%20Deluxe were u can find some usefull info not mentioned in the manual.
apparently, in order to boot the computer with only one dimm u need to insert it in B1 slot ( where as the mobo has 4 slots, the A1-A2, and the B1-B2) which was freaking annoying and the manual faq did not include this little info...
Try inserting the second dimm in B2 slot, but as i've taken up the whole thingi, the mobo should work fine with A1-A2 slots ( these are the ones next to the CPU fan) while the B1-B2 are next to them.
then again who knows...
PS: there is a faq line about dual memory boot up problem, see for ur self . :) hope i've been of some help.

< Message edited by fernandes -- 5/20/2005 6:03:47 AM >

(in reply to eleajar)
Post #: 7
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 5/28/2005 12:03:11 PM   
goku0101

Well now I have the bios updated. I can put my other sticks of ram in there but it just ignores it now. It still just reads the one in B_1. If this is how my first computer built experiance with asus is going to stay then i might be looking at another manufacture. How or even why do you make a motherboard with 4 slots and only one is usable. With the update bios it just dosn't say system failed due to cpu overclocking with using the other dimm slots besides b_1. It boots up with them in there but ignores the memory all together.

(in reply to fernandes)
Post #: 8
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 5/30/2005 5:22:25 PM   
eleajar

quote:

ORIGINAL: goku0101

Well now I have the bios updated. I can put my other sticks of ram in there but it just ignores it now. It still just reads the one in B_1. If this is how my first computer built experiance with asus is going to stay then i might be looking at another manufacture. How or even why do you make a motherboard with 4 slots and only one is usable. With the update bios it just dosn't say system failed due to cpu overclocking with using the other dimm slots besides b_1. It boots up with them in there but ignores the memory all together.

fernandes, are u using only one module, or you have them in dual mode?

Please, excuse my english. I am Italian

(in reply to goku0101)
Post #: 9
RE: Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble - 6/5/2005 10:07:11 AM   
craven

I have the same motherboard cpu combo and in the a8v deluxe user guide section 2 page 12 and 13 it shows mboard will only take one non dual channel ram chip.  Location as stated above b1.  Unfortuneately best bet would be to splurge for dual channel ram instead of single channel ddr.  Maybe where you bought yer parts will take return and replace for you.  I went a gig of dual channel ozc premiere and runs well.  I just wish store where i bought my system would have had an nvidia chipset board in stock instead of via!  Have only had it oc'd to 2.6 and in this config not really fond of taking any higher on stock heatsink and fan.

(in reply to eleajar)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU >> Asus A8V Deluxe + AMD3500 Trouble Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI