CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

CDRInfoPro Advert Version   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 717 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> CDRInfoPro Advert Version Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CDRInfoPro Advert Version - 3/15/2005 9:29:47 PM   
scaison

I downloaded this several times. Every time I try to run it it asks me to purchase. It does not seem to be the free version, although the zip file I downloaded is:

dvdinfoproadvert.zip

What do I have to do to run it successfully. When I open it it says I don't have the latest version. When I click the "Download latest version" box I get a message saying I have the latest version. Then I click OK and the program ends.
Post #: 1
RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version - 3/15/2005 9:35:30 PM   
KenW

nic W will release a new update this week, if all goes well, wait for that if it still does not load, we will have to look into it more.

< Message edited by KenW -- 3/15/2005 9:37:06 PM >

Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz Intel D975XBX2
LG-GGW-H20L YL03
Plextor 755SA 1.08
Samsung SH-S203B SB03

(in reply to scaison)
Post #: 2
RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version - 3/15/2005 10:32:12 PM   
zebra

New version due out in a couple of hours! :-D

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever

My home - Speedlabs.org

The Zebra BLOG!

(in reply to KenW)
Post #: 3
RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version - 3/16/2005 5:15:38 PM   
Matthew

While I appreciate the ads are relatively benign, why put up with any?

Unless you have a drive that is supported by DVD Info Pro and not by CDspeed (I'll do Nic the decency of not linking it here, but just search for cdspeed2000), then why not take the other option...

CDspeed has no ads at all (unless you count the Nero branding) and does not time out or expire.
As a regular in the alt.comp.freeware newsgroup, I do tend to be rather picky - Cdspeed would be accepted there - I'll nominate it for "pricelessware" next time, I'm surprised nobody has yet, while DVD Info Pro would get a rather frosty reception ... "harmless adware" is a foot in the door for the kind of garbage that takes ages to clean.

(in reply to zebra)
Post #: 4
RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version - 3/16/2005 7:32:58 PM   
zebra

Hi Matthew,

I think there is something overlooked here. DVDInfoPro has other capabilities, that are entirely different from CDSpeed. The two bits of software do not really compete anymore. They are designed for different users, with different mindsets - who have different needs within a functionality set.

It is our opinion that the two articles can co-exist, so we make a point these days of not paying too much attention to the "bashers" etc. Rather, we take into account the constructive critisisms which are VIABLE within the paradigm of COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING.

Hope that clears it up a little for you.

Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity is forever

My home - Speedlabs.org

The Zebra BLOG!

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 5
RE: CDRInfoPro Advert Version - 3/18/2005 5:50:14 PM   
Matthew

OK, it does in ONE program and for a variety of drives, what would need several programs that may be more drive specific.

Yes, I'll be using CDSpeed to scan, Nero Infotool to read Info, DVD Identifier to identify blank media, and some may be happier to have it in one tool.

Mind you, I'm getting a system with a Pioneer, not sure if it's 108 or 109, so I might find that DIP does have something to offer me, if there's a gap in the other tools

(in reply to zebra)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro >> CDRInfoPro Advert Version Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI