HTC today announced its new flagship smartphone, the new HTC One. Crafted with a zero-gap aluminium unibody, the new HTC One introduces HTC BlinkFeed, HTC Zoe and HTC BoomSound, key new HTC Sense technlogies.
At the centre of the new HTC One experience is HTC BlinkFeed. It is a single live stream of personally relevant information such as social updates, entertainment and lifestyle updates, news and photos with images so you won't need to go to separate applications to find out what's happening. HTC will provide both local and global content from more than 1,400 media sources with more than 10,000 articles per day from media companies such as the AOL family of media properties, ESPN, MTV, Vice Media, CoolHunting, Reuters and many others.
HTC Zoe allows you to shoot high-res photos that come to life in three-second snippets. These Zoes, photos and videos are then displayed in a unique way that brings the gallery to life and transforms the traditional photo gallery of still images into a motion gallery of memories. It also automatically creates integrated highlight films from each event comprised of Zoes, photos and videos set to music with professionally designed cuts, transitions and effects. These highlight videos can be remixed or set to different themes, and can be shared on social networks, email and other services.
To enable this camera experience, HTC developed a custom camera that includes an f/2.0 aperture lens and a sensor with UltraPixels that gather 300 percent more light than traditional smartphone camera sensors. In addition, the self-portrait or video is just a tap away with an ultra-wide angle front-facing camera which supports 1080p video capture. Multi-axis optical image stabilisation for both the front and rear cameras also helps ensure video footage smoother whether stationary or on the move. HTC UltraPixel camera adds many other features and effects such as enhanced 360' panorama, time sequencing and object removal.
The new HTC One also introduces HTC BoomSound - two speakers, at the top and bottom of the screen, producing a stereo effect when the phone is turned on its side for movie viewing. Beats Audio integration is also enabled across the entire experience.
HDR recording uses dual microphones and audio processing to capture sound. HTC Sense Voice is responsible for phone calls that sound great, by boosting the call volume and quality in noisy environments.
HTC Sense TV transforms the new HTC One into an interactive program guide and remote control for most TVs, set-top boxes and receivers. Tapping the power of the cloud, Sense TV makes it simple to see what's on and find that favourite show.
Wrapped in a zero-gap aluminium unibody and sporting a 4.7", Full HD (1080p) screen, the new HTC One features the latest Android Jelly Bean operating system and LTE network technology.
The display also resists scratches and reduces glare, whilst offering 468ppi resolution and natural colours.
At the core of the HTC One is a Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064Pro) SoC at 1.7 GHz. This is quad core Krait 300, which brings a 15 percent increase in IPC as well as higher clocks (from 1.5 to 1.7 GHz), for about 20?30 percent higher overall CPU performance. HTC One also includes 2 GB of LPDDR2 RAM on a PoP in a 2x32 configuration. For storage, there's no microSD card slot, but instead 32 or 64 GB of internal memory with no option for lesser 16 GB configurations.
The new HTC One will be available globally through more than 185 mobile operators and major retailers in more than 80 regions and countries beginning in March. In the U.S.A, the HTC One will be coming to AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint as the HTC One. Sspecific availability dates and prices were not announced.
Size: 137.4 x 68.2 x 9.3mm
Display: 4.7 inch, Full HD 1080p, 468 PPI
: Qualcomm Snapdragon 600, quad-core, 1.7GHz
Platform:Android with HTC Sense HTC BlinkFeed
SIM card type: microSIM
- Total storage : 32GB/64GB, available capacity
- RAM : 2 GB DDR2
- Europe/Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Gyro sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- NFC capable
- Compliant with Bluetooth 4.0
- Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled
- Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n
- DLNA for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or
- Support consumer infrared remote control
- micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL)
for USB or HDMI connection (Special cable required for HDMI
- Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Studio-quality sound with Beats Audio
- HDR Microphone
- Sense Voice
- HTC UltraPixel Camera
- BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 ?m, Sensor size 1/3'
- Dedicated HTC ImageChip 2
- F2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens
- Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)
- Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to
- Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 880 wide angle lens with HDR
- 1080p Full HD video recording for both front and back cameras
- HDR Video
- Continuous shooting and VideoPic
- Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback
- HTC Zoe with HTC Zoe Highlights and HTC Zoe Share
- Retouch with Object Removal, Group Retouch, and Sequence Shot
Audio supported formats:
Video supported formats:
- Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma
(Windows Media Audio 9)
- Recording: .amr
- Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9),
.avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Recording: .mp4
- Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery
- Capacity : 2300 mAh
AC Adapter: Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 HzDC output: 5 V and 1 A