Sony Mobile today announced a new affordable addition to its Xperia smartphone range, Xperia E. Sony's latest Android smartphone will be available in both single and dual SIM versions from Q1 2013.
Xperia E is a compact smartphone engineered for simplicity. Available in black, white and pink, Xperia E boasts HD Voice quality that makes phone calls clearer along with noise cancellation that filters out background noise.
A data usage application monitors how much battery is being spent and the extended standby mode increases the standby time up to 4 times. When the screen has been in sleep mode for a few minutes, Wi-Fi and data traffic will be disabled and most applications will be inactive to save battery life. However, calling and messaging will continue to work as normal. Once you touch the screen to wake the device up from standby, all functions are back to normal.
The Xperia E will also be available in a dual SIM version ? Xperia Edual ? so that users can easily switch between tariffs with just one touch to stay on the most cost effective plan.
Xperia E comes equipped with in-built "WALKMAN" application that includes xLOUD audio technology, 3D surround sound and a manual equalizer. With access to music tracks from the cloud based streaming service, Music Unlimited from Sony Entertainment Network, users can also easily view and share their content on TV, tablet and PC with DLNA wireless connectivity.
Xperia E will launch on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS.
Xperia E specifications
Camera and video
- 3.2-megapixel camera with Auto focus
- VGA video recording
Connectivity and communication
- DLNA Certified
- Smart Keyboard
- QWERTY keyboard
- Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 1 GHz MSM7227A processor
- Xperia E dual launches on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and will be upgraded to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 3.5" HVGA, 320 x 480 pixels, 16,777,216 colour TFT
- GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900
- UMTS HSPA 850 (Band V), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) Americas
- UMTS HSPA 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) Global except Americas
- xLOUD Experience ? audio filter technology
- Manual equaliser
- "WALKMAN?' application
- Music Unlimited
- Dedicated gaming keys
- RAM: 512 MB
- Expansion slot: microSD, up to 4GB
- Talk time (up to): Up to 6 hours 12 min
- Standby time (up to): Up to 530 hours
Weight and size
- 115.7 grams
- 113.5 x 61.8 x 11.0 mm