Kingston Digital is shipping the UV500 family line of SSD products, available in multiple form factors, and the company's first 3D NAND-enabled SSD featuring full-disk encryption.
UV500 is powered by the Marvell 88SS1074 controller, and combined with 3D NAND Flash, delivers read/write speeds of up to 520MB/s and 500MB/s.
The UV500 protects data with 256-bit AES hardware-based encryption and supports TCG Opal 2.0. It is available in three different form factors (2.5", M.2 2280, mSATA). It is available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB and 1920GB capacities.
The UV500 is backed by a limited five-year warranty.
UV500 Features and Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5"/M.2 2280/mSATA
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) - with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- 2.5": 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB, 1920B
- M.2 2280: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- mSATA: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Controller: Marvell 88SS1074
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Data Transfer (ATTO)
- 120GB - up to 520/320MB/s
- 240GB - up to 520/500MB/s
- 480GB - up to 520/500MB/s
- 960GB - up to 520/500MB/s
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write (IOMETER)
- 120GB - up to 79,000/18,000 IOPS
- 240GB - up to 79,000/25,000 IOPS
- 480GB - up to 79,000/35,000 IOPS
- 960GB - up to 79,000/45,000 IOPS
- Power Consumption:
0.195W Idle / 0.5W Avg / 1.17W (MAX) Read / 2.32 W (MAX) Write
- Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 120GB - 60TB
- 240GB - 100TB
- 480GB - 200TB
- 960GB - 480TB