CyberLink today released the latest versions of its Director series video editing software featuring PowerDirector 16, ColorDirector 6, and AudioDirector 8.
Along with major updates to CyberLink's True360 editing technology, which enables the creation of 360° videos, PowerDirector 16 features a 360° video stabilizer.
Traditional video stabilization is designed for narrow fields-of-view, unable to extend to the 360° space, and commercial-grade 360° video stabilization software options are limited and costing several hundred dollars. PowerDirector 16 now enables users to remove this shakiness with a stabilization algorithm that is able to identify and correct both rotational and translational camera motion.
The Director series' 360° video editing capability extends to both its color grading solution, ColorDirector, and its audio editing studio, AudioDirector. Users can import 360° footage, apply and preview global color grades, or use ColorDirector's automatic tracking tools to enhance specific sections of a scene, then export the video. AudioDirector also allows users to import and edit audio for 360° projects, before round-tripping it back to PowerDirector for final production.
PowerDirector 16 - Video Editing
- 360° Video Stabilization - Fixes shaky 360° footage for smooth, flowing video from any angle
- 360° Video Titles and Transitions - 360°-ready content enables creation of 360° projects without warping and distortion
- Video Collage Designer - Combine up to seven different video clips into a single customizable collage complete with animated openings
- Color Matching - Automatically adjusts lighting, saturation, and color variables of clips to achieve a consistent look across an entire project
- LUT Support - Allows users to apply color tables to footage to achieve instant film-grade looks
- Effects & Templates - Create cutting-edge video effects from plugin makers, NewBlue, proDAD and BorisFX
ColorDirector 6 -Color Grading
- 360° Video Color Grading - Import, color grade, preview and export 360° video footage
- One-Click Tone Adjustment - Automatically keyframes scenes in your footage and adjusts video tone accordingly
- Dehazing - Removes fog, smog and haze from footage for significantly clearer videos
- Noise Reduction - Reduces extraneous visible artifacts including luminance (grain) and color noise, which degrade video quality
AudioDirector 8 - Audio Editing
- 360° Video Audio Editing - Import 360° videos for audio editing
- Codec Preview - Previews the result of lossy encoding before production to enable smart processing decisions and better sounding audio tracks
- Ambience Creator - Generates ambient noise for soundless clips to blend with neighboring footage
- Auto-Fit Music - Adjusts backing music tracks to fit the length of your video
Versions and Pricing
Director Suite 6
- Director Suite 6 (US$299.99): Includes PowerDirector 16, PhotoDirector 9, AudioDirector 8, ColorDirector 6, over $1000 worth of premium content, and 50GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year
- Director Suite Live (US$99.99/12mo. or US$49.99/3mo.): Subscription version
- PowerDirector 16 Ultimate Suite ($249.99): Includes AudioDirector 8, ColorDirector 6, over $900 worth of premium content, and 50GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year
- PowerDirector 16 Ultimate ($129.99):Includes over $800 worth of premium content, and 25GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year
- PowerDirector 16 Ultra ($99.99):Includes 25GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year
- PowerDirector 16 Deluxe ($69.99)
PowerDirector 16 & PhotoDirector 9
PowerDirector 16 & PhotoDirector 9 ($139.99) ): Includes PowerDirector 16 Ultra, PhotoDirector 9 Ultra, and 50GB of space on CyberLink Cloud for 1 year
ColorDirector 6 ($129.99)
AudioDirector 8 ($129.99)