|Last 7 Days News :
Friday, September 1, 2017
Windows Creators Update Available in October
The next update of Windows 10, the Fall Creators Update, will be available worldwide October 17, Microsoft confirmed today.
With the Fall Creators Update Microsoft is introducing some fun, new ways to get creative. As part of the update the company will will deliver an evolution to the photos experience that will let you tell your story like never before using photos, videos, and 3D effects; enhancements in gaming, security, accessibility, and new experiences made possible by Windows Mixed Reality.
On Monday Microsoft shared some details about Windows Mixed Reality, including the first wave of content experiences. On Wednesday, the company announced a collaboration that will allow you to access Alexa via Cortana on Windows 10 PCs. And today, Microsoft talked about the next step on our journey with Windows 10.
Some of the features of the next Windows update include:
- Windows Inking, which lets you ink directly onto PDF's, making it easier to comment and share with others, improve on what you could do with pen and paper alone. Smart Ink applies artificial intelligence to inking automatically making the squares you draw more perfect, or turning boxes into a table for you with no extra work.
- A new Photos Application delivers remixed experiences for telling your stories with photos, videos, music, 3D, and even inking.
- You can save all of your creations in OneDrive Files On-Demand, accessing your cloud files like any of your other files on your PC, without using up your local storage space.
- With the Fall Creators Update, Microsoft has updated Game Mode, which allows your games to use the full processing power of your device as if it was an Xbox game console, right from a new button on the Game bar. A lineup of Xbox Play Anywhere games is coming including, Cuphead, Forza Motorsport 7, Super Lucky's Tale and Middle-earth: Shadow of War. And, if you love these Xbox play anywhere games, coming on November 7 you can play them on the most powerful console on the planet, Xbox One X.
- With the Fall Creators Update, Windows Defender is smarter and defends better than ever before. With behind the scenes cloud intelligence that enables new defenses against ransomware and exploits.
- Lastly, with the Fall Creators Update, Microsoft is enabling you to immerse yourself in a new reality, the world of Windows Mixed Reality. By combining physical and digital worlds, Microsoft says that mixed reality is the next step in the evolution of human computing. It's available from a wide range of partners around the world, like Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, and Lenovo with headsets starting as low as $299. Windows Mixed Reality headsets will start to become available on October 17 when the Fall Creators Update ships.
- And if you find yourself without a headset, Microsoft will also deliver mixed reality experiences through the PC. With Mixed Reality Viewer, you can see 3D objects - either from the Remix3D.com community or your own creation from Paint 3D - mixed into your actual surroundings through your PC's camera - and snapped and shared - for powerful ways to tell your story.