MediaTek has made available the Helio X30 system-on-chip (SoC), the most powerful addition to the Helio family for today's high-end smartphones.
Smartphones powered by this flagship chipset will be available in Q2 2017.
The MediaTek Helio X30 brings together MediaTek's 10-core, Tri-Cluster architecture on its first 10nm chipset to deliver more than 50 percent power savings and a 35 percent increase in performance from MediaTek's previous generation chipset.
The chip's design and architecture includes:
- 10nm, 10-Core, Tri-Cluster architecture: two ARM Cortex-A73 at 2.5 GHz, four ARM Cortex-A53 at 2.2 GHz and four ARM Cortex-A35 at 1.9 GHz.
- LTE WorldMode Cat.10 modem supports three downlink Carrier Aggregation (3CA) and two uplink Carrier Aggregation (2CA) for high volume content streaming.
- Imagination PowerVR Series7XT Plus clocked at 800MHz, is a tailored GPU for MediaTek Helio X30. It offers power savings up to 60 percent while increasing performance by up to 2.4 times compared to MEdiatek's pervious platform.
- The mobile SoC brings hardware based 4K2K 10-bit HDR10 video decoding to smartphones. The camera zoom feature offers 2x optical zoom in a super slim form factor.
Incorporating MediaTek's newest version of CorePilot 4.0 technology and Tri-Cluster architecture, MediaTek Helio X30 delivers a variety of resource configurations and directs optimal power where and when its needed across multiple processing cores.
CorePilot 4.0 incorporates intelligent task scheduling system, thermal management and user experience monitoring systems. This combination can predict an individual's power usage scenario on the device and prioritize which application is most critical at that point in time to control power consumption.
MediaTek Helio X30 supports major commercial Virtual Reality SDKs. MediaTek Helio X30 also incorporates two 14-bit image signal processors (ISPs) supporting 16+16MP dual cameras, delivering advanced functionality such as wide + zoom combination lenses for real-time depth of field effects, fast auto exposure and real-time de-noise in low-light condition features.
Smartphones powered by MediaTek Helio X30 enjoy crisp images at high zoom ratios thanks to
Proprietary ClearZoom and Temporal Noise Reduction (TNR) technologies crisp images at high zoom ratios, while a new a built-in Vision Processing Unit (VPU) paired with MediaTek's Imagiq 2.0 image signal processor technology provides a dedicated processing platform for numerous camera features, which frees up the CPU and GPU saving power.
- CPU Cluster 1:ARM Cortex-A73 @ 2.5GHz
- CPU Cluster 2:ARM Cortex-A53 @ 2.2GHz
- CPU Cluster 3:ARM Cortex-A35 @ 1.9GHz
- Core: Deca (10) Deca (10)
- CPU Bit:64-bit
- Heterogeneous Multi-Processing:Yes
- Memory Type: LPDDR4x
- Memory Frequency:1866MHz
- Max Memory Size:8GB
- Storage Type:UFS 2.1
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, FM Radio, GNSS
- Mobile Data: Carrier Aggregation (CA), CDMA2000 1x/EVDO Rev. A (SRLTE), FDD / TDD LTE, HSPA +
- LTE Category: Cat-10
- Specific Functions: VoLTE, ViLTE, Wi-Fi calling, Ultra HD Voice (EVS), RCS. LTE-U/LWA bands.
- Wi-Fi: a/b/g/n/ac
- Camera ISP: 16MP+16MP
- Recording Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Recording FPS: 30
- Camera Features: VPU, Wide+Zoom/Dual Zoom/Color+Mono, ClearZoom, TNR, InstantAE with CCU, ZSD
- GPU Type: IMG PowerVR 7XTP-MT4
- GPU Frequency: 800MHz
- Display Resolution: 3840 x 2160
- Video Encoding: h.264, h.265
- Video Encoding FPS: 30
- Video Decoding: h.264, h.265 / HEVC
- Video Decoding FPS: 30