Intel is take advantage and be part of the wearable device technology -- predicted to grow to 284 million units by 2017 -- with the release of two
software kits designed for its customers who are creating wearable products based on future Intel technology.
The Intel IQ Software Kits are a set of software and features that will enable a number of different functions on wearable devices developed using Intel technology. These software kits will package together the related algorithms, device software, software for smartphone apps, and cloud software for device management and analytics capabilities.
The first two software kits will enable capabilities related to people’s biometric information and social interactions, called Intel Body IQ and Intel Social IQ, respectively.
Intel Body IQ software will enable a range of capabilities for measuring a person’s biometric information, such as:
- Counting steps
- Calculating calories burned throughout the day
- Automatic and real-time recognition of activity - Walking, Running and Biking
- Smart notifications based on customized goals
- Visual device notifications for status
- Richer visualization of data and status on companion smartphone app
- Full visualization and summary of all personal data through a cloud portal
Intel Social IQ software will enable a range of capabilities tracking a person’s social interactions, such as:
- User designated phone calls, SMS and social network notifications
- Device-to-device single state social communication
- Notifications related to the brand of the device, sent by device OEM
- Accompanying phone app to configure filtering options
- Cloud portal for device company to push brand notifications
The Intel Body and Social IQ software kits include smartphone and cloud components that provide visualization, analytics and device management capabilities.