font size="2">ASUS today announced Strix DSP, a gaming headset with audio station, Strix Claw optical gaming mouse, Strix Tactic Pro mechanical gaming keyboard and Strix Glide Control and Glide Speed gaming mouse pads.
The new products follow the recent launches of the Strix Pro gaming headset and Strix R9 280 and GTX 780 graphic cards.
Strix is a brand name for the new ASUS gaming-gear series.
Strix DSP is a multi-platform gaming headset engineered with 60mm neodymium-magnet drivers, full-size hexagonal ear cushions (130mm across at the widest point), accompanied by a driver-free plug-and-play audio station that processes native 7.1-channel surround-sound audio. The headset also benefits from a travel-friendly foldable design that allows the ear cups to lay flat.
The USB plug-and-play audio station that?s part of the Strix DSP package means gamers enjoy 3D surround sound with Dolby Headphone and Dolby Pro Logic IIx technologies. Strix DSP directly processes native 7.1-channel audio to virtual 7.1 surround sound, so there?s no quality-distorting down-mixing by the PC. The audio station also includes environmental-noise-cancellation (ENC) technology that filters out up to 90% of external noise for clear in-game communication. A dedicated speaker-output jack and switch means switching from headset to speaker output is a cinch.
Strix DSP adapts its output to suit a variety of genres, including first-person shooter (FPS), racing and action/role-playing games (RPGs).
Strix DSP is compatible with PCs, Macs, the PlayStation 4 games console and many smartphones and tablets.
Strix Claw is a gaming mouse for first-person shooters.
It haS a gaming-grade native 5000dpi (dots per inch) optical sensor, which offers 1:1 tracking, angle-snap-free movement and flexible DPI controls. Movement is tracked at speeds of up to 3.32 meters per second (130 inches/sec) with accuracy adjustable by 50dpi increments. There?s even a DPI clutch button that lets snipers reduce the DPI instantly for accurate aiming. An LED indicator shows the current DPI status.
Strix Claw has a total of eight buttons, three of which are independently programmable. The Strix software is used to assign any key, mouse command or macro, enabling gamers to shift vital commands from the keyboard to Strix Claw ? right under the fingertips.
Strix Tactic Pro is an durable mechanical keyboard engineered with fast response and a choice of Cherry MX switch types: Black, Blue, Brown or Red. These switches have a lifecycle of 50-million keystrokes.
Strix Tactic Pro employs the highest-specification N-Key Rollover (NKRO) technology over USB to ensure that every key press is registered, regardless of how many keys are held down at once. When the user needs Strix Tactic Pro to behave like a traditional keyboard, the 6-Key Rollover (6KRO) switch does the job instantly.
Strix Tactic Pro is also equipped with 13 dedicated macro keys for fast command customization. The user even has the option to reassign F1-F8 as macro keys for a total of 21 one-touch commands. Strix Tactic Pro?s on-the-fly macro-recording key allows actions and keystroke sequences to be captured without interrupting gameplay.
In common with Strix Claw, Strix Pro offers a choice of software or plug-and-play hardware modes.
As a complement for the new Strix gaming-gear, ASUS has designed two Strix-branded mouse pads: Strix Glide Control and Strix Glide Speed.
Strix Glide Control is finished with a heavy-weave fabric, providing a textured surface for games that require fine control and precision.
Strix Glide Speed is made for gameplay that needs fast, efficient movement, with a fine-weave finish that allows the mouse to glide swiftly across the entire pad with zero hindrance.
- Unique 5-pole zero-crosstalk 3.5mm connector from headset
- 3.5mm combined audio/mic connector for smart devices and PS4
- USB connector for PCs and Macs
- 60mm diameter, neodymium magnets
- Detachable, unidirectional mic
- Greater than 90% environmental noise cancellation
- Dolby? Headphone, Dolby? Pro-Logic IIx, headphone amp, game spectrum profiles
- Single gold-plated USB connector
- PMW3310DH-AWQT optical sensor
- 5000dpi / 130 inches per second
- Weighs 110g (without cable)
- 2m cable
- Works with Microsoft? Windows? XP / Vista / 7 / 8
Strix Tactic Pro
Strix Glide Control / Speed
- Single gold-plated USB connector
- Fully mechanical Cherry MX switches with 50-million-keystroke lifespan
- Individually-backlit (orange) keys with four level settings
- Up to 21 customizable keys (13 dedicated macro keys + 8 switchable macro/function (F1-F8) keys)
- On-the-fly macro recording
- Dual modes: plug-and-play hardware mode and software modes
- Gaming mode (disables Windows key)
- Macro mode (reassigns F1-F8 as macro keys)
- Broad 400x300mm surface
- Comfortable 3mm depth
- Weights 219g (Glide Speed); 208g (Glide Control)