HP today announced several PCs including a detachable two-in-one notebook PC for business users, and a new series of HP Elite devices.
HP unveiled a new 2-in-1 PC today designed specifically for business users: the HP Pro x2 612. The company also announce dat COmputex the HP Elite 700 series aimed at transactional and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). The series now includes new notebooks and desktops.
The HP Pro x2 612 is a 2-in-1 PC is a full high-powered laptop and a sleek business tablet. The HP Pro Tablet 612 has a 12.5 inch diagonal display and attaches to the full size HP Pro x2 612 Power Keyboard which has an embedded battery as well as VGA, Ethernet, DisplayPort, and (2) USB 3.0 ports. With a battery in the tablet and one in the Power Keyboard, business users can benefit from the dual batteries with up to 14 hours of battery life. On the side of the Power Keyboard is a docking connector for optional HP UltraSlim dock if a docking solution is needed. And the HP Pro x2 612 also comes with an optional battery-free Wacom pen with built-in holder. The pen has with 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity and palm rejection technology so you can write and draw with precision.
On the inside, the HP Pro x2 is powered by Intel Core i3/i5 processors with a vPro option. Because the HP Pro x2 612 is designed with businesses in mind, that means security is important. The HP Pro x2 612 includes TPM and a Smart Card Reader as well as specific enhancements by HP including HP BIOS, HP Client Security, and HP Sure Start to keep customer data secure and safe. You can also get an option fingerprint reader too. And finally, it also comes with a Qualcomm Gobi 4G LTE modem.
Additionally, HP will also have a soft, ultra mobile backlit keyboard for the HP Pro Tablet 612 that includes a USB 3.0 port, combo audio jack and a power connector.
The HP Pro x2 612 is expected to be available in September.
The HP Elite 700 series is powered by either the AMD A-Series Pro APUs with HSA technology or 4th generation Intel Core i3/i5 processors.
The HP EliteBook 700 series with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteBook 725, starting at just three pounds, features a 12.5-inch diagonal HD or FHD optional touchscreen display with an optional 4G LTE module for mobile professionals and global series offering.
- The HP EliteBook 745 features a 14.0-inch diagonal HD, HD+ or FHD(8) display, including a touch-enabled option.
- The HP EliteBook 755 features a 15.6-inch diagonal HD, FHD or FHD display, including a touch-enabled option, as well as integrated AMD Radeon Graphics.
The HP EliteBook 725, HP EliteBook 745 and HP EliteBook 755 are expected to be available in June for starting prices of $799, $739 and $749, respectively.
The HP EliteBook 700 series with Intel includes:
- The HP EliteBook 720 features a light design with great battery life for travelers and the choice of HD, HD pmium or HD pmium touch display.
- The HP EliteBook 740 Ultrabook features HD, HD+, HD+ touch or FHD screen.
- The HP EliteBook 750 includes Ultrabook models and features a thin and light HD, FHD or FHD touch 15-inch diagonal screen with high system performance.
The HP EliteBook 720, HP EliteBook 740 and HP EliteBook 750 are expected to be available August.
HP also introduced new HP Elite 700 series PCs in a range of desktop form factors. For instance, the Elite 700 series desktop PCs offer enterprise-grade connectivity, flexibility and security at new lower prices.
The HP Elite 700 series desktop PCs with AMD includes:
- The HP EliteOne 700 All-in-One (AiO), featuring a 23-inch diagonal IPS Full HD display with AMD PRO A-Series APUs with AMD Radeon graphics and support for up to three external displays. It will be available in September.
- The HP EliteDesk 700, offered in three different configurations. The Desktop Mini, which is smaller than some desk phones, has a clean, easily serviceable design and integrated wireless antenna. It’s also available in Microtower and the Small Form Factor configurations. It will be available in July.
The HP EliteDesk 700 series with Intel Core processors includes Microtower and Small Form Factor configurations. It is expected to be available in November.