|Last 7 Days News :
Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Broadcast Gameplay Option Won't Be Available At Xbox One Launch
Video platform Twitch won't be available when the Xbox One launches, but is coming during the first part of 2014, Microsoft says.
Besides the bad news for all those who plan to buy an Xbox One, Microsoft today provided some details on the new feature.
The Twitch experience on Xbox One will enable Xbox Live Gold members to view the full content catalog from PC & console broadcasters on the Twitch platform.
With Snap mode on Xbox One, Microsoft promises that gamers will be able watch Twitch videos while they play, watch TV or enjoy another app - all at once and on the same screen.
Xbox One instant switching lets gamers jump from one activity into Twitch using their voice, simply by saying "Xbox, go to Twitch." Users will be also able to lternate between viewing Twitch broadcasts with any other gaming and entertainment content on Xbox One. By accessing the Twitch app channels in the Xbox OneGuide, gamers will see what?s new in the Twitch catalog and bring any Twitch app channel into their OneGuide Favorites.
Spectators will also earn media achievements. By watching through the night, they will earn the Night Owl achievement. Or, by joining 100,000 viewers simultaneously watching a broadcast on Twitch, they will earn the Standing Room Only achievement.
There will be 10 Achievements at Twitcer launch. Here?s what gamers need to do to earn each:
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch to become a Newcomer
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch for Competitive
- Watch 100 hours of live video on Twitch for Best Viewer
- Watch one hour of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers to be the Hipster
- Watch 10 hours of live video on Twitch channels that have less than 10 viewers and become theTalent Scout
- Max Bandwidth is received by watching a single channel on Twitch for more than eight hours consecutively
- Around The Clock is exactly that, just watch at least one minute of live video on Twitch in each hour of a full day
- Prime Time, simply: watch a total of 10 hours of live video on Twitch between peak viewing hours from 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., on a weekday
Microsoft says its goal is to deliver Twitch on Xbox One during the first part of 2014.