|Last 7 Days News :
Tuesday, October 15, 2013
Argos Launches MyTablet For 99.99 Pounds
Britain's Argos has entered the competitive tablet computer market with a 99.99 pound ($160) own-brand product that is 16 percent cheaper than one launched by Tesco, the UK's largest retailer, last month.
MyTablet has a 7-inch 1024x600 resolution LCD glass screen, it is
powered by a 1.6GHz dual core processor and features 8GB of memory which, with a Micro SD card, can support up to 32GB. The tablet also comes with free pre-loaded games and apps (including the Argos app). It is enabled for internet browsing, TV, music, video streaming and social networking.
Google's Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 operating system enables access to apps through Google Play.
The device has a two mega pixel rear facing camera plus a front facing camera. It's
also WiFi enabled, has Bluetooth capabilities and is pre-loaded with Facebook and
MyTablet is available from Wednesday 16th October exclusively at argos.co.uk, via the
Argos app or from over 700 stores around the UK and the Republic of Ireland (argos.ie).
Compared to Tesco's Hudl tablet, which is priced at 119 pounds, Argos' MyTablet has
only has 8 GB of standard memory compared to 16 on the Hudl. It also has a lower
resolution screen along with an inferior battery life.
- Price: £99.99
- OS: Android Jellybean 4.2.2
- Software: Google Android
- Screen size: 7 inch screen
- Resolution: 1024 X 600 resolution
- Screen type: LCD
- Processor speed: Dual core 1.6ghz
- WiFi: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Camera: 2 MP rear camera, 0.3MP front camera
- Battery life: Up to 5 hours
- Standard memory: 8GB
- Extended memory: 32GB - with mini SD
- Micro SD slot: Yes
- Parental control settings: Yes
- Output ports: HDMI, Micro USB
- Other features: 19 pre-loaded apps and games Customisable home screen