Sony has introduced the Xperia Tablet Z: Kitchen Edition in the United States starting at $649.
The white 32 GB Xperia Tablet Z included in the Kitchen Edition features both hardware and software to make cooking in the kitchen simpler. The tablet can withstand the toughest kitchen environment with its durable glass, carbon-fiber reinforced back panel and water-resistant design. Spills and sticky fingerprints can be rinsed away easily by running the tablet or even submerging the tablet under fresh water for up to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes with all ports and covers firmly closed.
The new Xperia Tablet Z: Kitchen Edition includes $115 worth of accessories, content and recipes. Cooking is simplified by the iGrill from iDevices, an app-enabled Bluetooth meat thermometer that allows cooks to monitor food from up to 200 feet away. The iGrill will alert the chef when the food is ready via the Xperia Tablet Z. A foldable stand is also included.
Cooking enthusiasts can find daily meals, organize shopping lists and discover cooking tips and tricks with pre-loaded premium food and cooking apps, including:
- BigOven: Take 250,000+ recipes (including your own and recipes from friends), your grocery list and menus anywhere on your tablet.
- Evernote Food: Helps you discover recipes and restaurants.
- Juicing Recipes: Offers information on juicing, including recipes.
- Food Planner Pro: Food Planner allows you to keep an integrated meal plan, inventory database, grocery list and recipe collection that can sync between multiple devices. Quickly plan meals, import recipes, track inventory, create grocery lists and share it all in real time with other members of your family.
- iGrill Pro: Connects the wireless cooking thermometer to the tablet.
- Out of Milk Shopping List: Shopping List, Pantry List and To-Do List in a small app.
Xperia Tablet Z: Kitchen Edition is available now starting at a suggested retail price of $649 at Sony stores and online at store.sony.com/kitchentablet.