Pioneer Electronics today announced its next generation DDJ-WeGO2 ultra-compact DJ controller that makes it easy to learn DJing essentials by providing users with a simple means of creating mixes with their own music collections.
Like its predecessor, the DDJ-WeGO2 offers easy to use functions and features including Jog FX, Pulse Control, multi-color LED illumination, Virtual DJ Limited Edition DJ software for Windows and Mac, and additional support for other DJ software such as Algoriddim's djay. The DDJ-WeGO2 adds quick connection with iPhone 5 and iPad using only the included Pioneer cable with Lightning connector, and a Multi-purpose Grip that makes the controller easy to carry as well providing a stand for compatible iOS devices.
The DDJ-WeGO2 will be available in white, black and red, with each color option now covering the entire controller body. The DDJ-WeGO2 colors also match the line of HDJ-500 DJ headphones. The controller features multi-color LED backlighting for the Jog wheel and a color-customizable user interface for the included software.
The DDJ-WeGO2 utilizes visual prompts and audio cues, built-in effects and other features, and includes accessories:
- iPhone and iPad Cable (included) - The Pioneer cable with Lightning connector enables quick connection of the unit to an iPhone 5 or iPad, while the "djay 22" application provides access and playback of music stored in compatible iOS devices.
- Jog FX - Allows users to combine multiple effects and control them simultaneously using the Jog wheel.
- Pulse Control - Provides users with visual prompts with a variety of colored lights on the Jog platters:
Mix Pulse - Lights around the Jog wheel show the beat of the tracks in play. The intensity of the lights is reduced as the beats go out of sync, giving novices a visual aid to beat matching.
Launch Pulse - Triggers a red light on the Jog wheel to signify that music has been loaded successfully.
FX Pulse - The effect being applied to the currently playing song will be heard and represented visually via the light movements on the Jog wheel.
- DJ Software - The DDJ-WeGO2 is bundled with the "Virtual DJ Limited Edition" software by Atomix Productions (for Windows or Mac) that offers a broad range of functions for mixing songs, including making loops and creating samples, and mixing up to four channels. The DDJ-WeGO2 has the ability to support other DJ software including Algoriddim djay and djay LE.3
- USB Power - The DDJ-WeGO uses power from USB connections found on most computers, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
- Built-in audio ports for high quality sound input and output.
- Built-in sound card for expanded music storage and portability.
- Compact (14.9" x 8.2" x 2.5") and weighs less than four pounds (without stand) for easy transportation.
The ultra compact DDJ-WeGO2 will be available in October 2013 with a suggested retail price of $429.
Bundled software: Virtual DJ Limited Edition
Input terminals: MIC?1 (1/4 inch PHONE)
Output port: MASTER OUT?1 (RCA), HEADPHONE MONITOR OUT?2 (1/4 inch PHONE, MiniJack)
Other ports: USB B port x 1, iPhone/iPad terminal x 1
Frequency Response: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz
Total harmonic distortion: Max. 0.006%
S/N ratio: 101 dB
External dimensions: 14.9 inches (wide) x 8.2 inches (deep) x 2.5 inches (high) (without stand)
Weight: 3.53 pounds (without stand)
iOS Devices compatible with DDJ-WeGO2
iOS: iOS 6.0
Devices supporting included cable (Lightning): iPad 4th gen, iPad mini, iPhone 5, iPod touch 5th gen