Verbatim introduced its MediaShare Wireless in Europe - a portable device which connects with up to five Wi-Fi enabled tablets and smartphones allowing you to view, play, stream and back up photos, video clips and music simultaneously, anywhere.
For times when it is impractical to access a computer or on-board storage is limited, the portable device creates its own Wi-Fi network enabling users to wirelessly stream or archive media files between an iPad, iPhones, iPod Touch and Android based device.
Benefiting from an SD memory slot and a built-in USB port rather than on-board storage capacity, MediaShare Wireless makes it possible for users to add unlimited data capacity in a more affordable manner to an ad-hoc network of tablets and smartphones via SD cards, micro SD Cards with an adaptor, USB drives and external hard drives. For the manufacturer price of adding just 16GB of storage to the market?s top selling tablet, you could buy at least six 16GB SD cards or USB Drives or a 1TB portable hard drive in comparison.
An MediaShare Wireless app, available to download from iTunes and Google Play for iOS and Android devices respectively, lets users manage content (copying files between devices and MediaShare Wireless). It also provides a bridge to other wireless LAN networks to allow internet connections while files are being streamed.
MediaShare Wireless weighs just 127g and measures 112mm x 79mm x 14mm (L x W x H). It uses a rechargeable 3000mAh Lithium-ion battery that delivers up to 9 hours of continuous movie streaming. A Micro USB cable is sold with the product to allow charging and data transfer.
Priced at just £50 Verbatim?s MediaShare Wireless is available to buy online and in retail stores across Europe.
Hardware Interfaces / indicators:
- Product Weight: 127 grams
- Product Dimensions: 112mm x 79mm x 14mm (L x W x D)
- USB Micro B port (for charging and data transfer, cable included)
- USB A port (for USB drive, portable hard drive or smartphone/tablet charging)
- SD memory card slot (for use with SD, SDHC or SDXC memory cards)
- LED battery indicator
- LED indicator to show reading and writing activity
- LED indicator for wireless activity
- LED indicator to show if network bridging function is active
- Power button
- Reset button
- Rating label showing the unique SSID and individual password for initial access.
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Compliant
- Supports Secure Wireless
- Encryption using WPA/WPA2-PSK
- WiFi security options: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, Mixed
- WPA/WPA2-PSK or disabled (user configuration).
- 3000mAh Li-ion Battery
- Battery Life: up to 9 hours continuous use
- Charges via USB Micro B port.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card up to 64GB - Class 4 or higher recommended
- USB 2.0/3.0 USB Drive
- USB 2.0/3.0 Hard Drive.
Verbatim MediaShare Wireless
Quick Start Guide