Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) today introduced several titles from its independent developer portfolio for all PlayStation platforms, including the PlayStation 4 system.
"We've got an incredible team on the ground that talks to developers every day, and these new games we're announcing are a direct result of the team's proactive outreach and focus on working with top independent developers," said Adam Boyes, vice president, publisher and developer relations, SCEA. "Our process and approach in working with developers has evolved to incorporate a lot of flexibility into the process, including the way we pursue and discover new talent, help them with funding solutions and work together to deliver their best games onto PlayStation platforms."
The games unveiled today for PS4 include Zombie Studios' Blacklight: Retribution and Primal Carnage: Genesis from Lukewarm Media. These games will join Jonathan Blow's exploration-puzzler, The Witness, as self-published titles making their console debut on the PS4 system. In addition to supporting Blacklight: Retribution, the PlayStation Pub Fund, which provides back-end financial and marketing support to developers, adds fighting game Divekick and infographic adventure Metrico, which is a PlayStation Vita (PS Vita) exclusive.
The games were highlighted, along with additional details about SCEA's new developer and publisher support system and guidelines, at tonight's PlayStation press event during the Game Developers Conference 2013 in San Francisco.
Here’s a quick list of the upcoming games heading to PlayStation Network:
- Blacklight: Retribution – PlayStation 4
- Primal Carnage: Genesis – PlayStation 4
- Ibb & Obb – PlayStation 3
- Rain – PlayStation 3
- Sportsfriends (including Johann Sebastian Joust, BaraBariBall, Hokra and Super Pole Riders) – PlayStation 3
- Divekick – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Dragon Fantasy Book II – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Guacamelee! – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Hotline Miami – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Luftrausers – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Spelunky – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Thomas Was Alone – PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita
- Friend Network App – PlayStation Vita
- Limbo – PlayStation Vita
- Metrico – PlayStation Vita
- Velocity Ultra – PlayStation Vita
- A Virus Named Tom – PlayStation Mobile
- Beatdown in Treachery City – PlayStation Mobile
- Crumble – PlayStation Mobile
- Crystallon – PlayStation Mobile
- Don’t Wake the Bear – PlayStation Mobile
- Hermit Crab in Space! – PlayStation Mobile
- Oh, Deer! – PlayStation Mobile
- Rymndkapsel – PlayStation Mobile
- Ten By Eight – PlayStation Mobile
Sony is expanding its indie support
for PlayStation 4 with games like Primal Carnage: Genesis and Blacklight: Retribution,
which will join titles like The Witness.