Samsung today announced that its first Windows 8 smartphone, the Samsung ATIV Odyssey, will be available in the coming weeks at Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online.
The ATIV Odyssey boasts a 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen display (800x480) and is Global Ready, giving users the ability to call and email from more than 220 countries in the world. The ATIV Odyssey is equipped with a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and is compatible with Verizon's Wireless 4G LTE network.
The ATIV Odyssey runs on the Windows Phone 8 operating system and is also enterprise ready with enhanced security features including advanced Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync features and policy control and on-device AES 256-bit encryption.
Key Product Features:
- Super AMOLED Display (WVGA 800x480)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and full 1080p recording and 1080p playback
- Front-facing 1.2-megapixel camera
- Global Ready calling and email capabilities in more than 220 countries in the world
- Wi-Fi connectivity (802.11 a/b/g/n)
- 8 GB on board storage (actual formatted capacity is less) / 1 GB RAM
- Support for up to 64 GB microSD card
- 2100 mAh battery
- Photo Editor - Edit photos (crop, rotate, resize, etc.) and adjust colors (contrast, RGB and hue) instantly; users can also add effects such as Pop Art, gray-scale, red eye correction and add decorations that include frames, stickers, etc. and share on Facebook, Picasa and Photobucket.
- Mini Diary - Contains daily activities, photos and drawings; users can share their diary via social channels including Facebook, email, Picasa and Photobucket; users can back up and store information in the free cloud service SkyDrive.
- Now - Provides weather, news, stock and currency updates instantly