NVIDIA has published a new version of its GeForce software suite, a combination of drivers and software for its GeForce graphics processors.
The new GeForce 310.90
introduces a security update for its driver service manager that patches a recently-discovered vulnerability. In addition, it brings improved stability and performance for the dual-GPU GeForce GTX 690, in 3D production applications. SLI profiles are added or updated for several games.
New in GeForce 310.90:
- Adds a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).
- Improves performance for GeForce GTX 690:
- Up to 19% faster performance in Autodesk 3ds Max when interacting with large models compared to GeForce GTX 480.
to 60% faster performance in ray tracing applications such as NVIDIA
iray and Chaos V-Ray (subject to the scene fitting into graphics memory)
compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Up to 76% faster performance in the 3D extruded ray tracing capability in Adobe After Effects compared to GeForce GTX 480.
- Updates SLI profiles for Far Cry 3 and NBA2k13.
- Adds new 3D Vision profiles for the following games:
- Aliens: Colonial Marines – rated Fair
- GT Legends – rated 3D Vision Ready
- LEGO: Lord of the Rings – rated Good
- Miasmata – rated Good
- Pirate101 – rated 3D Vision Ready
- Viking: Battle for Asgard – rated Excellent
- Warframe – rated Good
- Wizard101 – rated 3D Vision Ready